downloading waypoints

Luckless

Hi Luckless, you can download gpx files from individual cache pages. These will have cach type, title, gccode, coordinates, D/T, rating, cache text, hint, images from the page and the last 20 logs.

You can download multiple caches from search pages. This is a simple loc file: title, coords, gccode, no text no hint, no cache type, and it looks like the D/T defaults to 1/1 regardless (I wonder if that's a bug?)

@Luckless   I logged on as Basic member to answer your question. The download of 20 caches at a time for Basic Members works the same as it always has, other than addition of a captcha.  Any search page - the "all nearby caches" link that you see on a cache page - check the boxes to right of the caches, and download.  You can get 20 at a time, if there are no PMO caches on a page.  It's slightly less info than it used to be. You used to get correct D/T rating and cache type. Now they're all geocache, and 1/1. But it is gc code and coords and title. 

• Helpful 1
19 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

Hi Luckless, you can download gpx files from individual cache pages. These will have cach type, title, gccode, coordinates, D/T, rating, cache text, hint, images from the page and the last 20 logs.

You can download multiple caches from search pages. This is a simple loc file: title, coords, gccode, no text no hint, no cache type, and it looks like the D/T defaults to 1/1 regardless (I wonder if that's a bug?)

I wouldn't  think so.  Loc format is a  generic,  minimal specification for describing waypoint data.  I knows nothing about geocaches or any of the data one would associate with a geocache.  A GPX file, without any extensions is only slightly more robust and the basic specification does not have any definitions for geocache specific properties such as D/T ratings, cache type, hints.  It is only when GPX with the Groundspeak extensions included can a cache be fully described using a GPX file.