Adventure Lab App Improvement - Display the GPS coordinates on the Navigate Screen

Am I the only one having trouble navigating with the Adventure Lab App?

As a geocacher, I have been used for years to use my Garmin GPS to reach a destination but unfortunately, the GPS coordinates of each destination are not available on the Adventure Lab App.

A very usefull solution for geocachers would be to display the GPS coordinates on the Navigate Screen. Thus, the coordinates would be available if necessary.

As an example, see the current and wished screens below.

I am sure that this simple solution would be very appreciated by geocachers.

Current Navigate Screen on Android (French Canadian Language)

1369791147_CurrentScreenAdventureLab.thumb.jpg.58fc9ee188481ad8d9c2dafb9c7db349.jpg

Wished Screen with GPS Coordinates

1034652473_WishedScreenAdventureLab.thumb.jpg.8d323cde300712f84c47053532648e75.jpg

Edited by OusKonNé & Cétyla
  • Upvote 3

I would like the coordinates for the 'next' stage to be displayed within the AdventureLab app without having to allow the app to send its intents to Google Maps, yes.  It's only when we start to use Maps to navigate that the coordinates appear, and like you, I prefer to be able to enter those into my automotive GPS.  I don't use Google Maps for driving since I do have rather a problem reading street names in 2 point type at 1m distance.  The people who develop this software and determine the fonts are all 20-somethings driving desks.

• Upvote 2
11 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I'm trying to figure out how it helps on that screen. You can't do anything with it, can you? Just trying to understand. 

It may well be that by saying this -- " I have been used for years to use my Garmin GPS to reach a destination", the OP is talking about his automotive Garmin unit.  See my comment above, which requests the same so that I can enter them into my TomTom.

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, ecanderson said:

It may well be that by saying this -- " I have been used for years to use my Garmin GPS to reach a destination", the OP is talking about his automotive Garmin unit.  See my comment above, which requests the same so that I can enter them into my TomTom.

That's exactly what I was wondering. 

19 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I'm trying to figure out how it helps on that screen. You can't do anything with it, can you? Just trying to understand. 

One of the reasons is when I use the Adventure Lab App to reach to the next destination, the battery of my cell phone is draining too fast. I prefer to key in the GPS coordinates of the next destination in my Garmin GPSmap 60CSx in order to use the Adventure Lab App as little as possible.

Also, my old Garmin GPSmap 60CSx is much more accurate than the GPS of my cell phone which is not working well.

Edited by OusKonNé & Cétyla
  • Upvote 1

I would like to see some integration with other apps. Today I did an AL. I had to take a bus to the first location and had to compare the small AL map with google map to find the right location and thrown down a pin there. Only then could I find out which bus to take from where. Just a simple way to copy the coordinates (which coordinates?) would already be helpful.

I agree wholeheartedly that the coordinates should be displayed on the navigate page as well as when navigating with the compass too maybe. I did my first two adventures yesterday and it was extremely frustrating to not see coordinates anywhere so I could have the option of navigating to each stage with a handheld or automotive gps. This restricts navigation to the app or google maps which is ridiculous. The points on the map should all be clickable and then display the coordinates too. I hate using my phone to navigate to caches and I don't understand why it is restricted. Everywhere else in geocaching, I can use whichever device (handheld, automotive, phone) I prefer as the coordinates are displayed and are downloadable.  

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, HHL said:

In the AdLab app: hit the route button and let you been routed by one of the shown routing apps. Coords will be shown in the appropriate routing app.

Yes, I am aware of this workaround, thanks. My question is why should I need to use another app to see the coordinates? Also, it directs to Google Maps and there the coordinates are given in degrees, minutes and seconds or decimal degrees not the conventional decimal minutes used in geocaching which my other devices are set on. Yes I can easily convert them or perhaps use another routing app but it would be easy if the coordinates were just displayed in the AdLab app.     

Edited by Delbadore
  • Upvote 1

What I do is use labs2gpx, make sure you change symbol to virtual, do a radius to include the town I will be driving through, run it. Load it into my local data base in GSAK, load into my handheld GPS. Now all the waypoints will show up as virtuals, example, I will be in a parking lot tomorrow that will have waypoints for 3 different Adventure Labs showing up, therefore can do all 3 at same time without alot of backtracking or alot of unnecessary steps in the app. I only turn on my phone's data when my GPS takes me close enough, I prefer using GPS for navigation. I also just bring up the waypoint I want on GPS and copy the cords from it to my truck GPS and the format is the same, don't have to bother to convert it and drive as close as I can, then if close enough use phone, if not use hand held GPS to get me closer. Do note, they will show up as virtuals but clicking on you will know what they are.

Edited by sussexace
additional info
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1