Night Caching

coachgrinnan

I have been caching for a long time now, but I have an easy question.  I recently found a night cache near my house. My sons loved finding the reflectors with flight lights.  How do I search for more of them? I can't seem to figure it out.  I tried searching the forums first, but that was acting wonky. Thanks for the help

Michael

11 minutes ago, coachgrinnan said:

I have been caching for a long time now, but I have an easy question.

I recently found a night cache near my house. My sons loved finding the reflectors with flight lights.  

How do I search for more of them? I can't seem to figure it out.  I tried searching the forums first, but that was acting wonky. 

A search for the attributes "flashlight required" , "UV light required", "night cache", or "recommended at night" are good options.   :)

- That doesn't mean the CO put any attributes on their cache page though.  Sometimes higher D/T helps too.

Find another who likes those kind of caches, and maybe they'll steer you to others.

I simply typed in "night" on forums search and had a thread on the first page.    

15 minutes ago, coachgrinnan said:

I have been caching for a long time now, but I have an easy question.  I recently found a night cache near my house. My sons loved finding the reflectors with flight lights.  How do I search for more of them? I can't seem to figure it out.  I tried searching the forums first, but that was acting wonky. Thanks for the help

Michael

Since the Night Cache you found doesn't have one already, you can create a bookmark list, make it public on the page, and it can be a helpful list to others wanting to find similar caches. You can start with the one you already found.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

If you search for the attributes "flashlight required" , "UV light required" or "recommended at night", make sure you search for them separately. Groundspeak's search function uses the [AND] function, not [OR]. You can also search for the works "Night Cache" in the title. Most night caches are listed as Mysteries, though I have seen them listed as Multies and Letterboxes. 

But, there is no single way a night cache is required to be listed, so its a bit of a hunt itself to find one.

I have a bookmark list for the Northeast. Maybe I should add Texas to it.

Have you been to events? You might ask other cachers which night caches they know.

I don't know how old your boys are but not every night cache might be suitable to children, perhaps it is too long (I have found night caches after more than 10 hours of doing the same cache!) or somehow scary or in dangerous areas. That's the important advantage over just using attributes (which is very good, too): the other cachers might give you some more details about the cache, e. g. if it is kids friendly or not....