How to search Users near to a Place?

gbal

Hi to all.

It seems to me that the only way to search an User is knowning its nickname. But I would like to know which user reside near to me or near a place on the map.

I could get a list of the caches near a place on the map, then I could see who own each of them but this is a method very boring.

Does anybody have some suggestion?

No easy way I'm afraid.

You could go to a nearby event or host one yourself (if/when COVID-19 measures allow to do so) and meet some locals. Not everyone likes events so no guarantees ;)

Look at nearby cachelistings and check profiles of the first few finders. Most of the time these are locals.

CO's of nearby caches tend to be "local" too.

You could also try the regional forums here and ask around or, if you use Facebook, look for geocaching groups there. Again, not everyone likes/uses forums or FB.

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, gbal said:

It seems to me that the only way to search an User is knowning its nickname.

But I would like to know which user reside near to me or near a place on the map.

I could get a list of the caches near a place on the map, then I could see who own each of them but this is a method very boring.

Does anybody have some suggestion?

"I'm looking for a method to stalk others"  isn't gonna happen, but events will get you to meet locals.     :)

boring list of caches shows who owns them, and who's regularly hitting caches in that area., but a guy from the next state over is a "regular" here.

- Unless they have one in their yard,  you still won't know if they reside near you unless it's written on their profile ...

Edited by cerberus1
a y
  • Upvote 1