Different numbers

Hyperspacechewy

14 minutes ago, Hyperspacechewy said:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere, or at least find it to make sense.

What does each number mean? On the "do not keep me" tag it has the same number as the copy tag. I also have a tag that doesn't have the copy tag. How do I go about monitoring that? Thanks!

Once you activate the TB and it starts moving you can see all it's activity on it's page, just like a geocache page. You will get a notification for certain log types.

You can add a TB not owned by you to a watchlist, and monitor it that way. 

Is that what you mean by monitor it?

Many tags are single. Some have copy tags.  They come in all types.

Edited by Max and 99
46 minutes ago, Hyperspacechewy said:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere, or at least find it to make sense.

What does each number mean? On the "do not keep me" tag it has the same number as the copy tag. I also have a tag that doesn't have the copy tag. How do I go about monitoring that? Thanks!

If the "number" happens to start with TB, that's your reference number, that directs people to your trackable.

The other, the tracking code, is what people need to log it.

The "copy" tag can be used as a spare (if the first one goes missing...), or kept for a souvenir of the hobby (that's what we do).

There are many kinds of Trackables, geocoins, tags, legos ...one's even a tattoo !    Think someone wants a double of that ?    :D

You get an email every time your trackable is Retrieved, Placed, Grabbed, Discovered, or if someone leaves a Write Note.

Everything you'd want to know about Trackables in the Help Center.

2 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Once you activate the TB and it starts moving you can see all it's activity on it's page, just like a geocache page. You will get a notification for certain log types.

You can add a TB not owned by you to a watchlist, and monitor it that way. 

Is that what you mean by monitor it?

Many tags are single. Some have copy tags.  They come in all types.

I own it, I wanted to keep track of it. Is there a special code or something I need? But yes, that's similar to it.

3 hours ago, Hyperspacechewy said:

I own it, I wanted to keep track of it. Is there a special code or something I need? But yes, that's similar to it.

From the website you can just click the owned trackable link (see pic below).  Or if you bookmark your TB page you can go directly to that specific TB.  

0B967B39-EE1E-4718-A4D1-A816515E303F.png