Why can't my TB be discovered?

camelli25

I have a TB on my car and a fellow cacher found the tracking number. When he wanted to log it, he is unable to find the 'discover me' log. He can only see the 'write note'. I can't figure out how to fix the issue. The TB # is TB6WQRW. Can someone help me please? I would appreciate it very much.

35 minutes ago, camelli25 said:

I have a TB on my car and a fellow cacher found the tracking number. When he wanted to log it, he is unable to find the 'discover me' log. He can only see the 'write note'. I can't figure out how to fix the issue. The TB # is TB6WQRW. Can someone help me please? I would appreciate it very much.

I went to the TB page and Discover was an option. 

Screenshot_20200611-190730.png

Edited by Max and 99
4 hours ago, camelli25 said:

I had the same as the others, Grab it from you, Write Note, and Discover.  It's not an error on your end...   :)

2 hours ago, camelli25 said:

Thank you so much for answering. I will check and see if he has already discovered it in the past and if that might cause the 'note' only log.

The post above yours has NanCycle say that's not so. She is correct.  You can Discover trackables numerous times.

I just checked on one I Discovered recently.  My options were "Write Note" and "Discover"...

On 6/11/2020 at 7:32 PM, camelli25 said:

You (or a moderator?) might want to edit this post and remove the TB number now that your issue is resolved.

• Funny 1
  • Surprised 1
1 hour ago, HoochDog said:

You (or a moderator?) might want to edit this post and remove the TB number now that your issue is resolved.

Whether the issue is resolved or not, that is the Reference number, not the Tracking code.

The Reference number simply introduces you to the trackable's page...      :)

9 minutes ago, LizzyRN said:

When I attempt to log your vehicle via the official geocaching app, the only option I have is WRITE NOTE. When I go online, I see all of the options. I tried it three times and got the same results.

I think that's because you don't have the tracking code. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Moun10Bike said:

I think that's because you don't have the tracking code. 

Pardon my ignorance. How do the two methods (the app and online at geocaching.com) manage trackables differently? For one is the tracking code essential, and the other it isn't?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, LizzyRN said:

When I attempt to log your vehicle via the official geocaching app, the only option I have is WRITE NOTE. When I go online, I see all of the options. I tried it three times and got the same results.

On my official geocaching app I have three options: discover, grab, and write note. For the TB from the OP.

In order to grab it or discover it I need the tracking code. If I just want to write a note I do not need that code. 

Screenshot_20200619-164503.png

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1