Oregon 700 - add pocket queries using wifi

muffinn

7 hours ago, muffinn said:

Can I add caches without using a cable with the Oregon 700?

Yes.  For Pocket Queries, first run the Pocket Query on the web site, so it's ready for download.  "Lists" that you've set up on the site will also be available.

To download the Pocket Query (or a List), on the Oregon 700 tap the green Geocaching icon, then the 3-line hamburger icon in the lower right corner of the screen.  Tap Setup Geocaching, then Geocaching Live, then Geocache Lists.  This brings up both your Lists (which have a bookmark icon) and Pocket Queries (lightning bolt icon).  Tap the one you wish to load and tap "Sync".

Edited by kunarion

This is very helpful thank you.

Just turned on my Oregon and though I am right next to my router it's not automatically re-connecting. I had connected this morning but by default it sticks on Connecting to...nothing happening Any suggestions?

7 minutes ago, muffinn said:

This is very helpful thank you.

Just turned on my Oregon and though I am right next to my router it's not automatically re-connecting. I had connected this morning but by default it sticks on Connecting to...nothing happening Any suggestions?

Do you have the latest software version?  I connected Garmin Express just now and my Oregon got updated to version 5.00.

Good info!  Just tried it and it's working. Question--my main PQ is unfound in my area.  When I download it, does it completely replace the old list, including caches that have been found?  Also, if I select different PQ, will that replace, ie, erase, whatever list was on there?  I guess I could try that on my own, but I'm still in a learning curve and don't want to make a mess of things.  Thanks.