Oregon 700 GPS Settings

GrateBear

I just got the Garmin Oregon 700 yesterday, I had good timing on finding this post.  I changed it to Classic mode.  I've only tried it on one cache, but is it really much better than an Iphone 11? 

Thanks                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

15 hours ago, Fundeens said:

I just got the Garmin Oregon 700 yesterday, I had good timing on finding this post.  I changed it to Classic mode.  I've only tried it on one cache, but is it really much better than an Iphone 11? 

Thanks                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

That depends on what criteria you use to define "better".

I did the switch to classic, but it is not at all like my prior unit.  So, switched back to the new look and am working with it.  I'm still have a bit of trouble getting the screen I want, but working through it.  One thing I really like is having the map and compass/distance on the same screen.   

After playing with both, "better" for me is the phone.  I'm not a hard core geocacher, just a mountain biker that sticks to finds along the trail.  There was no improved advantage with the Garmin, so i returned it to Amazon.  As I only set out to search specific caches, I started google-earthing the coordinates before I go, just so I am clear on the basic location.   Thanks for the help and good luck!