Cache found - Not registered on Geocaching ?

TheAntHillMob

Getting straight to the point; We found a cache yesterday by accident, and it doesn't appear to be listed or registered on this site ?

Do you think we have found a cache in between it being hidden and registered ? 

Explainer -

We were out for a walk yesterday, in an area east of Shepparton. We walked to the top of a large Hill. I needed to answer the call of nature,.....so I did.

Finding a suitably out of view spot, I answered the call. As I was answering the call, I happen to spot something unusual hidden nearby.

I investigated, and found a cache ! It was a very creative cache in modelled in the form of an old TV. It was made out of a plastic box (20cm x 15cm x 10cm roughly).

On the top of the box was a picture to look like the test card on the tv screen. Also there were two wires sticking out of the length side to look like an Ariel.

On the whole it was a very creative cache, it was well hidden, I just happened to be lucky.

I signed the book inside, it looks like we may have been the first. There were a few little toy trinkets inside also.

The Cache was placed back in the spot it was found, and hidden in the same manner as when I found the cache.

Mark

Mob Leader

TheAntHillMob

• Upvote 1

Possible a not yet published cache. Maybe a cache that was placed but later rejected and the CO failed to retrieve it. It can also be a cache that's listed on another site Maybe a GA*** instead of a GC**** or any other geocaching website.

I notice you're not PM so it might just be a PM cache (published or not)

Try to find it on the map but keep in mind it may be the final of a multi/Wherigo/mystery.....

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1

That's why you should write the GC code onto the logbook or the container if it's a cache listed on geocaching.com. Did you find anything like that or any other explanation, let's say a stash note explaining what this is?

Even a simple note "this is a geocache" might help as by now this might be a container of any side game.

While out in the woods I (accidentely) found caches listed on other platforms, "cistes" (similar to geocaching in France), letter boxes (not the hybrid ones but the originals) and even official containers with a logbook (like a summit book). So this might be everything when it's not marked at all. :-(

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, TmdAndGG said:
5 hours ago, TheAntHillMob said:

We walked to the top of a large Hill.

Could it have possibly been called Mt Saddleback (280m) or Mt Major (379m)?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they were on Mount Major, where there are a few fairly new PMO caches.  This doesn't match the description of any that I see on the map, so it may be an unpublished cache.

• Upvote 2
On 6/9/2020 at 4:56 AM, TheAntHillMob said:

Getting straight to the point; We found a cache yesterday by accident, and it doesn't appear to be listed or registered on this site ?

Do you think we have found a cache in between it being hidden and registered ? 

Explainer -

We were out for a walk yesterday, in an area east of Shepparton. We walked to the top of a large Hill. I needed to answer the call of nature,.....so I did.

Finding a suitably out of view spot, I answered the call. As I was answering the call, I happen to spot something unusual hidden nearby.

I investigated, and found a cache ! It was a very creative cache in modelled in the form of an old TV. It was made out of a plastic box (20cm x 15cm x 10cm roughly).

On the top of the box was a picture to look like the test card on the tv screen. Also there were two wires sticking out of the length side to look like an Ariel.

On the whole it was a very creative cache, it was well hidden, I just happened to be lucky.

I signed the book inside, it looks like we may have been the first. There were a few little toy trinkets inside also.

The Cache was placed back in the spot it was found, and hidden in the same manner as when I found the cache.

Mark

Mob Leader

TheAntHillMob

Oh, I hate to be the one to bring this up, but, did you wash your hands?  :(

• Funny 2

Thank you everyone for your replies. To those of you who asked, YES it was indeed Mount Major.  As some of you said, It maybe for Premium members only. It DID have a code in the note book, but I failed to note it down as I was trying to be quick due to Muggles approaching.

(Hand sanitizer  <_<)

Edited by TheAntHillMob
replying to question about minute detail of personal hygiene)
  • Funny 1
On 6/12/2020 at 9:18 AM, TheAntHillMob said:

Thank you everyone for your replies. To those of you who asked, YES it was indeed Mount Major.  As some of you said, It maybe for Premium members only. It DID have a code in the note book, but I failed to note it down as I was trying to be quick due to Muggles approaching.

(Hand sanitizer  <_<)

I see you became a premium member (congratulations!) and logged a find on GC8R6PV.  That doesn't match up with the description you gave, though.

I can only recommend keeping an eye on that area to see if additional caches might get published that more closely match what you found.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1