Trackables having a mileage problem?

Spacemann Spiff

Hello.

Is it just me, or is something very wrong with the way this trackable's mileage is being calculated?  The TB's number is TB7K2DN.  It was placed in a cache in Maine (GC4H9VE) on May 25th, and received 2,402.36 miles as a result of that journey.  I retrieved it today.  Then I went to another nearby cache (GC1C8JF), only a half-mile west.  But the mileage is showing it went another 2,401.82 miles since the preceding cache.
?????
Thanks,

John

TB7K2DN.jpg

Edited by Spacemann Spiff
1 hour ago, kunarion said:

Has it cleared up for you?  When I look at that page, I see the same total mileage, plus decent looking placement mileage.

Untitlednm-1.jpg

Looking at it now, it shows that on 5/25/2020 that it only moved 1,227.65 miles. Something strange is definitely going on here.

Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 7.12.11 PM.png

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Spacemann Spiff said:

No, it hasn't cleared up (for me) today.  It's still showing incorrect mileage (but over 500 miles different than the incorrect mileage from yesterday!)

I don't see any anomalies in Windows 10 in IE11, Chrome, or Brave.  It appears that the individual mileage is dynamic, computed upon each request.  I don't know the reason for that.  The total miles stays the same, even when the problem is evident.

Sorry, forgot about this topic for a few days.  Just checked the TB again, and now it's showing the correct mileage.  Not sure if that's because of the issue being (directly) resolved, or because I've since visited another cache thus allowing the mileage to re-calculate, or both.  At any rate, it's now fine.

TB7K2DN - Example 03.jpg

• Upvote 1