General Adventure Lab Feedback

TommyGator

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

How can an adventure lab with only one person having completed it have a rating of 4.5? Obviously I'm not understanding the rating system. 

The rating was adjusted over the week. I can't think of anything else that would cause this.

Actually you can give a rating of 4.5 yourself. I found this by accident a few weeks ago but you can click in the middle of a star :D.

• Helpful 1

Dang nabbit. I do not know how people are getting these extra locations to add to their existing adventure lab but I do not approve. That's two now that have added five stages after the original five were completed by geocachers. So it says I completed it but then there's five locations I have not completed. Grrr. 

I don't understand how this is allowed and who is giving them the extra 5 locations? 

Edit: This seems to contradict what HQ says, so I wish they would respond to this.

IMPORTANT  — Adventures can be edited at anytime to change the question type. However, when your Adventure is Public you cannot add or remove Locations without disrupting the player experience.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 2

I'm sure someone out there can help me how to figure out how to fix a completed adventure lab from showing on the map when "hide completed" is on. I just cannot get rid of one of them. I'd unclicked then clicked hide completed again. I've moved the map to a completely different area, clicked on a different adventure lab, went back to my area, searched, and it still shows. 

Edit: the icon is still showing a gear not a check mark which must be part of the problem. I logged out, back in, and nothing seems to fix this. It is also not showing as a find on the geocaching app.

Edit: it appears fixed today!

Edited by Max and 99

I wish the quick view of an AL showed how many have completed it. The way it is now it only shows how many have given it stars and the average.

The only way to know if someone has completed it, and you're not the CO, is to open it and see if there's an activity log. No star, no activity log, and you may assume no one has completed it but actually 10 have. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

This is new!

Screenshot_20211210-030621.png

I confirm that I also see it. Nice to see the order for sequential ones.

Would be even nicer if on the list/map there would a different color for those started and not completed. Also besides the number of stage in the list something indicates if it's linear or not.

Apparently they also seems to have fixed the issue with ALs completion time bug.

Strange there are no mention in the Official Release section.

• Upvote 1

Last night I checked for Labs in the area we were planning to cache in and found about 7-8 and selected two.  I opened them, got the locations, etc.  Then today when we parked at the start of one Lab the app only showed two Labs in the area and neither one would open.  Back at home, they appeared and would open.  We've successfully done Labs without problems including in January.  We checked our phone settings and all should have allowed the app to work as before.  Any ideas what's going on?

On 3/16/2023 at 6:08 PM, YukonShadow said:

Any ideas what's going on?

My first guess would be that you were having problems with data reception----either you were in an area with weak or no signal, or perhaps you didn't have your data turned on.  I've done that a time or two.

If you aren't receiving data, the App can't download info from the server in order to start the AdLab.

Since some weeks now I cannot add photos to lablogs anymore.

That's a shame as I really liked that fairly new feature.

Thought it is a glitch and hoped it would come back. But nope.

Checked the app settings. Camera and files are allowed to be used by the app.

Anyone having an idea what is going on?

:huh:

16 minutes ago, Nicky BJ said:

Since some weeks now I cannot add photos to lablogs anymore.

That's a shame as I really liked that fairly new feature.

Thought it is a glitch and hoped it would come back. But nope.

Checked the app settings. Camera and files are allowed to be used by the app.

Anyone having an idea what is going on?

:huh:

Out of curiosity I tried it myself and had no trouble adding a photo to my adventure lab review. 

That is what you are referring to, right, when you mention the log? 

On 3/23/2023 at 6:56 AM, Max and 99 said:

Out of curiosity I tried it myself and had no trouble adding a photo to my adventure lab review. 

That is what you are referring to, right, when you mention the log? 

Thank you for your reply!

And for trying Out!

Yes, that was, what I meant.

I tried it, too, with my dog's account 🐶 , and it did not work either.

But out of a sudden, it is now working again.

I have no idea, why.

But I am happy again 😁.