Website problems?

tomturtle

10 minutes ago, tomturtle said:

The website keeps asking me to log in.  When I do, it will show my user name like I am logged in, but if I try to do anything like look at a cache page, it tells me I have to log in again.  Anyone else having this problem?

The engineers are working on a solution. Thank you for your patience. 

• Helpful 1
6 minutes ago, Frau Potter said:

We are having problems with the website again (on Sunday this time) and are seeking a solution.

Same here.

Sometimes it will let me log in but when I try to do anything on the site it takes me back to the error page and tells me I need to log in

12 hours ago, 8142009 said:

I have had website problems too. When I became a premium member it made me on the app but on the website it still says I am a basic member and only gives me the basic features

According to your profile, you are still a Basic member.  Are you logged onto the App with the same Id?

8CFEBDFC-C1FA-43FB-B835-CA3498B9648C.thumb.jpeg.093bc886ff89620926bdc0268098002f.jpeg

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, 8142009 said:

I see premium member 316 finds 5 hides 2 favorites joined 9/22/20

Curiouser and curiouser!

If you haven’t done so already, I’d delete the app, reinstall and login again.

I’d also log out and back in to the website.

Then (assuming no miracle fix) I’d contact HQ directly.

24 minutes ago, 8142009 said:

My end still says basic

This is an odd thing.  Have you contacted Geocaching HQ  with this issue ?  Sure you logged in/out of everything ?

By your profile, it does still say basic member. 

Even phone users we know who never entered the site showed premium on their profile.     :)     Contact HQ.

Edited by cerberus1
7 minutes ago, 8142009 said:

oh I payed the $29.99 a year plan

That helps! I've never paid thru the app, so I don't understand that part. Who did you pay? Geocaching directly, or the Google app? I've only ever paid thru Geocaching.com.

Do you have a receipt?

I promise that all these questions we're asking, and your responses, will help others who may experience the same problem!

If you have proof, definitely contact Geocaching HQ. You can reach them thru the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page on the Geocaching website.

Regardless, please keep us posted! We're invested in this mystery now!

1 hour ago, 8142009 said:

I became one on the geocaching app. Not Cachely, but the Geocaching app

Are you authenticating the same way on the app as you are on the web site? It sounds to me like you might be authenticating with one account on the app (or perhaps with your Facebook account), and with a different account on the web site.

Regardless, no one here on the forums can do anything about it. You need to contact Groundspeak.

2 hours ago, 8142009 said:

@IceColdUK

Well I have done both and neither worked.

@Max and 99

I became one on the geocaching app. Not Cachely, but the Geocaching app

I looked up paying for a premium membership on the app and it's actually through Google Play. At least that was my understanding. Not thru Geocaching.com

Geocaching Help Center is the place to go. 

ok thanks. I just really want to get my moneys worth. I can contact the geocaching.com help center if it does not work but if I cancel my subscribtion and then renew it on the website, it may work. Thank you fellow cachers for this help in the mysterious mystery. (Should be a cache lol)

On 10/29/2020 at 6:34 PM, 8142009 said:

ok thanks. I just really want to get my moneys worth. I can contact the geocaching.com help center if it does not work but if I cancel my subscribtion and then renew it on the website, it may work. Thank you fellow cachers for this help in the mysterious mystery. (Should be a cache lol)

The suspense is killing me! 

• Funny 1
On 6/6/2020 at 8:57 PM, tomturtle said:

The website keeps asking me to log in.  When I do, it will show my user name like I am logged in, but if I try to do anything like look at a cache page, it tells me I have to log in again.  Anyone else having this problem?

It seems this bug, or a similar one, may have returned. I was in the middle of trying to download pocket queries when I was suddenly logged out of the site. I have yet to be able to log back in.

edit: of course, as soon as I post about it, I am able to log in. Never mind.

Edited by hzoi
  • Funny 1