"Puzzle" icon on the map

bandita007

Hello,

I started using the function to change the initial coordinates to the final coordinates / or next stage.

However, if I change the coordinates in the listing, then the icon on the map is the same for all types of caches. 

Example 1: I solved mystery cache, changed coordinates and on the map I have the puzzle icon.

Example 2: I went through half of the multi cache and saved the coordinates of stage 5 of 8, for example. Now I would like to display the coordinates on a map to see where I left off before (for next planning). Yes, I can save the coordinates in a note, but I would like to see it on the map for clarity.

However, in both cases I will see a blue puzzle as an icon. And I do know what is a multi cache and what a solved mystery -> see picture

My suggestion is that it would be good to distinguish the solved coordinates according to the type of cache. Specifically, for example: The color of the icon would remain the same (blue mysteries, yellow multi,...) and only the structure would change to the shape of a puzzle. Then it would be clear what type of cache it is.

It is clear to me that other advanced applications are used for this, but it would still be appropriate to have it differentiated in the main map.

Thank you.

Solved_Icons.JPG

• Helpful 2

I was surprised when I noticed this just recently. I'm not sure how I overlooked it before, but I was searching for a multicache the other day and couldn't find it until I discovered it was because the icon had turned blue.

I agree with your solution: the GZ adjusted multicache icon can be the same as the GZ adjusted unknown cache icon, just make it the multicache color. That works for multicaches and traditional caches, but letterboxes have the same color as mystery caches, so there will be no way to distinguish them.

Hey, wait a minute! Since when have we been able to update coordinates on letterboxes and traditional caches? Several people complained about that feature being limited to unknown caches and multicaches, but I must have missed the announcement that they opened it up to all caches. Good job! This really underscores your point, though: adjust the coordinates on a traditional cache, and it turns blue, too! I won't complain too much,  though: this might have been why they didn't want to support updated coordinates on the other cache types, and I'm willing to pay the price of a blue traditional cache if it's the only way I can get the adjusted coordinates feature on traditionals.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 2

I agree with the confusing same icon for all corrected cache types, but there is a workaround:

In the 'old' map, you can click on a puzzle icon and in the pop-up you can see the cache type. Also, you can deselect certain cache types, leaving only the ones you like to see visible.

In the 'new' map, hoovering over a puzzle icon reveals the colour of the cache type. I agree about the same colour for unknown caches and letterboxes, but here is also an option to filter out certain cache types.

The ability to update coordinates for all cache types exist for about a year now, I guess.

By the way: when you find a cache, the coordinates will revert to the bogus, allowing geo art figures to be restored.

23 minutes ago, HHL said:

I see no need to differ between cache types with corrected coords because you directly navigate to the final coords.

Hans

I do not use website map when navigating to any cache. But when planning my daily route I really want to distinguish multi-caches from mystery caches.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, dprovan said:

Hey, wait a minute! Since when have we been able to update coordinates on letterboxes and traditional caches? 

Long time now.  I have found this useful when a finder has reported that cache coordinates are way off and the hider doesn't fix them.  I can change them to the improved coordinates that the finder posted.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, NanCycle said:

Long time now.  I have found this useful when a finder has reported that cache coordinates are way off and the hider doesn't fix them.  I can change them to the improved coordinates that the finder posted.

No kidding? I *would* have found it useful, but it wasn't there for the first few months, so I stopped looking for it.