BUG: Can't delete archived caches from watchlist

barefootjeff

Thinking I'd do a tidy-up of my watchlist, I selected all the archived caches in it then clicked on "Remove Selected Geocaches from Watchlist". At the pop-up prompt saying "Are you sure you want to remove all selected geocaches from the watchlist?" I clicked OK. After that it just hung there for ages until I finally got this:

image.png.6b4acf159db73094098110c371ea8aec.png

The archived caches are all still in my watchlist.

I'm using Firefox 77.0.1 on Windows 10.

31 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

Thinking I'd do a tidy-up of my watchlist, I selected all the archived caches in it then clicked on "Remove Selected Geocaches from Watchlist". At the pop-up prompt saying "Are you sure you want to remove all selected geocaches from the watchlist?" I clicked OK. After that it just hung there for ages until I finally got this:

image.png.6b4acf159db73094098110c371ea8aec.png

The archived caches are all still in my watchlist.

I'm using Firefox 77.0.1 on Windows 10.

Using Firefox 77.0.1 on Windows 10. The archived caches I selected deleted immediately.

2 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

Hmm, strange. I tried deleting just one archived cache from my watchlist and it's still hanging and eventually timing out with that error.

I tried it again, in case it was a fluke. Different list, different archived cache (just one this time). It deleted immediately.

2 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I tried it again, in case it was a fluke. Different list, different archived cache (just one this time). It deleted immediately.

When you say "different list", note that I'm talking specifically about the watchlist, of which there's only one. It's managed in the site quite differently to other lists and still has the old-style interface:

image.png.fe3d375ecccac0e3cbe9b9762d03e1eb.png

3 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

When you say "different list", note that I'm talking specifically about the watchlist, of which there's only one. It's managed in the site quite differently to other lists and still has the old-style interface:

image.png.fe3d375ecccac0e3cbe9b9762d03e1eb.png

I'm so sorry! I missed the "watch" part of the OP. My apologies. When I try to delete an archived cache from my Watchlist, it hangs and hangs. Nothing happens.

I only have one cache on my watchlist so I added another from GSAK. The watchlist pages opened and the new cache was on the list.

When deleting the cache the page seems to remain loading but after closing the page and removing the cache from within GSAK the page re-opens and there's a message "the cache was already removed".

It looks that removing works, it's just the page that doesn't reload.

I was attempting to delete 3 caches from my watch list this morning (found those prior DNFs yesterday), and also having the page hang.  None were archived, just normal caches.  I finally stopped the page refresh that normally occurs, and reloaded the page, and two of the three were gone.  Went through the same process with the 3rd one, and after the page hung again, stopped the page reload (again) and refreshed, and the 3rd one was successfully deleted as well.  But there's clearly something wrong after submitting the deletion -- the page just doesn't reload properly.