Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
GrateBear

Oregon 450--Any Value

Have had this unit for a few years, and now I can barely get it to turn on, and can only turn it off by removing the batteries.  Not fixable, as Garmin has discontinued this model.  Just wondering if anyone thinks it has any value, either as a whole or parts, ie charging cable, caribiner clip, back cover.  Thanks.

Sounds like you may only have a problem with the rubber band / power button there.  There's a guy 3D printing new ones, if you have any interest in keeping it running.  Alternately, I've seen quite a few coming up with solutions employing a bit of pencil eraser.

If nothing else, I can always use another fresh display if yours is really scratch-free.

20 hours ago, ecanderson said:

Sounds like you may only have a problem with the rubber band / power button there.  There's a guy 3D printing new ones, if you have any interest in keeping it running.  Alternately, I've seen quite a few coming up with solutions employing a bit of pencil eraser.

If nothing else, I can always use another fresh display if yours is really scratch-free.

Sadly, the screen has a scratch across it.  Was getting off my bike, fell, and "rats"!  On the learning curve now on an Oregon 700.  At least my map works on that one!

I went with the eraser fix--cut off the section of band over the switch, cut an eraser off a pencil, put it in the opening, covered with a bit of duct tape, and works like a charm!

• Upvote 2