Premium Member Only

41 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

Discontinued because it only listed people who viewed caches on the website. Cache views through apps, etc. weren't listed, so it was a very incomplete listing.

Yep. For years, some members had been asking for the Audit Log to have complete access info, and other members had been asking for it to be eliminated entirely. But the final nail in the Audit Log's coffin was the privacy laws that various governments have been passing.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
3 hours ago, frostengel said:

Luckily enough! That is one of the best decisions Groundspeak has done lately. :-)

Yep.  I don't want the people who create the tough puzzle caches to know that I've been beating my head against the monitor trying to solve their puzzles for the last 12 months.  I'd rather my stupidity remain anonymous.

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 4
6 hours ago, HoochDog said:

Yep.  I don't want the people who create the tough puzzle caches to know that I've been beating my head against the monitor trying to solve their puzzles for the last 12 months.  I'd rather my stupidity remain anonymous.

I miss the log. In cases similar to yours I would be inclined to offer the befuddled cacher some assistance - if they want it.

Personally, I hate asking for help, it's the old map reading thing I guess. Like driving or walking around somewhat lost but can't bring myself to ask for directions, but, if someone offers help (as has often happened, especially in a foreign country) I am grateful to receive it.

• Upvote 3
8 hours ago, HoochDog said:

We stopped doing pmo caches because of micro-managing COs "wondering" why I look at the same cache a few times.

Be accused of a cache that went missing isn't fun either...

Odd to get a "do you need help ?"  mail when you simply clicked on a link in a post  in these forums too.

5 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

We stopped doing pmo caches because of micro-managing COs "wondering" why I look at the same cache a few times.

Be accused of a cache that went missing isn't fun either...

Odd to get a "do you need help ?"  mail when you simply clicked on a link in a post  in these forums too.

Never had that happen to me in the last 14 years. Must be a regional thing B)

I was contacted once by a CO about why I was on an audit log. I explained that the cache had been linked from these forums.  CO wasn't obnoxious, just wondering why all of sudden so many cachers from so many parts of the world were on the page ;-)

Obnoxious was the CO who threatened to delete my find on his cache, given that i did NOT show up on the audit log. Accusatory and confrontational,  otherwise I might have explained it to him. This was a while back, pre-phone.  Instead I didn't respond to his email at all, but posted a new Write Note log with a bunch of pictures from the walk in to  and near the cache.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, on4bam said:

Never had that happen to me in the last 14 years. Must be a regional thing B)

Your right, it was.   :)   

Every one that questioned me from the forums were COs in Europe, wondering why people outside the country were "looking" at their cache....