Memory Lane Scoring

Gaiter Man

On 6-1-2020, I found 10 Adventure Labs, 3 Traditionals and 1 Multi. All caches were found AND logged after 12:00 PM UTC, but for whatever reason, the Memory Lane scoreboard shows I've earned only 27 points, when, according to the Memory Lane Scoring Chart, I should have earned 72 points.  It's particularly interesting to note that the digits of the point total seem to be reversed.  In any case, something is definitely amiss.  Help!!!

Hello.

Same problem, I found 11 Tradi, 3 Multi, 2 Mystery and  5 Labs the 1th June.

It was 4 caches with more than 10 fav.

But it counted only 4 caches (only the 4 lasts of the day).

I logged all that in evening (so... not the labs, for sure, because visited at morning here (UTC +2)).

Hope the missing points will be retroactively given.

Edited by pchappuis

@pchappuis

If you saved them as drafts in the morning, before noon UTC, it does not matter if you log them in the evening. The time stamp of your draft will still point to the morning hours and hence the points would not count because the caches were logged before the official start of Memory Lane.

Regardless, there is information on how to fix the scoring for caches that were logged too early yourself in the Memory Lane FAQs.

• Helpful 3
On 6/2/2020 at 4:50 PM, Bl4ckH4wkGER said:

@pchappuis

If you saved them as drafts in the morning, before noon UTC, it does not matter if you log them in the evening. The time stamp of your draft will still point to the morning hours and hence the points would not count because the caches were logged before the official start of Memory Lane.

Regardless, there is information on how to fix the scoring for caches that were logged too early yourself in the Memory Lane FAQs.

But i did the after edit, but it change nothing. And i tried just now too, and still no change. So i no worry because we have time, but if Groundspeak say we can solve when do that and it dont work it make me little bit angry.

Edited by pchappuis
2 hours ago, barefootguru said:

(I did 6 stages of an Adventure and received 30 points.)

This is something that really bugs me and turns me off having any interest in ALs. On Saturday I'll be hopefully completing an 11 stage Earthcache. That will count as one find and get me five points in Memory Lane, which I don't have any problem with. But had the CO done it as an AL instead, it would be 11 finds and 55 points in the promotion. If ALs ever become mainstream, it'll likely be the death knell for long multis and ECs.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
4 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

This is something that really bugs me and turns me off having any interest in ALs. On Saturday I'll be hopefully completing an 11 stage Earthcache. That will count as one find and get me five points in Memory Lane, which I don't have any problem with. But had the CO done it as an AL instead, it would be 11 finds and 55 points in the promotion. If ALs ever become mainstream, it'll likely be the death knell for long multis and ECs.

Right now AL are restricted to 5 locations so it would be 25 pts.

But I totally agree with you that I seriously hope they will stop to award new ones soon because geocaching is not a virtual game.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Lynx Humble said:

Right now AL are restricted to 5 locations so it would be 25 pts.

But I totally agree with you that I seriously hope they will stop to award new ones soon because geocaching is not a virtual game.

One of the local ones here is 10 locations.  You can complete it with an hour’s walk.

I'm thinking, and hoping, it's only because of the pandemic and they want to encourage this 'virtual' scoring for places where handling physical containers are still considered taboo.

Having ALs as a 'part' of the geocaching website is one thing, but yeah by scoring ALs and their individual stages as if they are each a physical geocache, that kind of detracts even moreso from the concept of geoCACHING. Geocaching isn't a virtual location-based educational game. That's a small element of it, sure, with some existing cache types, but it certainly shouldn't be at the forefront.  "Language of location" can apply to many different activities.  Geocaching's uniqueness is in the scavenger hunt for hidden containers, that's the core of the hobby and it really should be the most prominent aspect of the hobby...

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
12 minutes ago, pchappuis said:

Hello. Found (and logged) 5 caches yesterday, but memory lane still dont move

Your Memory Lane score looks correct to me. You earned 25 points, which is between the first two souvenirs. The first souvenir is on your profile. 

What doesn't look right to you?

2 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Your Memory Lane score looks correct to me. You earned 25 points, which is between the first two souvenirs. The first souvenir is on your profile. 

What doesn't look right to you?

I have still 42 points. And I earned these 42 points at 1st June. I should be at 67 points now, and have earned the 2nd souvenir.

Edited by pchappuis

Did drafts, imported drafts in GSAK and logged by GSAK.

Here my scoring board, we can see all what i found yesterday is missing: 

image.png.f6e32087300f6030981af9a99e9236a4.png

And all i found more the 1st June too, all what was before Midday that day, even after late edit isnt showing too. (sorry for my basic english)

Edited by pchappuis
2 minutes ago, pchappuis said:

Did drafts, imported drafts in GSAK and logged by GSAK.

Here my scoring board, we can see all what i found yesterday is missing: 

image.png.f6e32087300f6030981af9a99e9236a4.png

Starting from June 1st, that's a lot of points you're missing! I understand the issue with your finds on June 1st, but still, that's a lot of missing points! I hope your points get fixed. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, pchappuis said:

Edited yesterday logs, now displayed in recent activity, but still not in Memeory Lane

At this point I would offer two potential solutions.  The quickest fix would be to delete the logs that aren't showing up in the Leaderboard and log them again.  Or, contact Groundspeak through the Help Center and ask for assistance.

• Upvote 1

I was caching this weekend and am 10 points short of what I should have received. I'm wondering if it's subtracting points because I registered 2 DNFs???????  I"m thinking of deleting one of those logs and see if I get some of my points back. (I'm trying to think like I do in my day job ... what in the software would make it give me less points, LOL). My husband logged the same caches as me EXCEPT he didn't log our 2 DNFs. He got all his points. 

3 minutes ago, penhead63 said:

I was caching this weekend and am 10 points short of what I should have received. I'm wondering if it's subtracting points because I registered 2 DNFs???????  I"m thinking of deleting one of those logs and see if I get some of my points back. (I'm trying to think like I do in my day job ... what in the software would make it give me less points, LOL). My husband logged the same caches as me EXCEPT he didn't log our 2 DNFs. He got all his points. 

LOL 

DNFs do not take away points! 

There are some issues this weekend with caches and logging;  you can see them on the other forums. 

I suspect it'll get fixed soon. 

Were any of your logs a note that you change to a found?

Look on your leaderboard and see exactly which caches he's been counted for this weekend and which ones you been counted for this weekend. Maybe there's one cache that's different between your two lists. 

Edited by Max and 99
On 7/26/2020 at 9:44 PM, penhead63 said:

I was caching this weekend and am 10 points short of what I should have received.. 

There was a site wide issue on Saturday that impacted multiple areas including the Leaderboard. Check what your Dashboard shows for Latest Activity and if you are missing caches being listed there too.  See this post from Groundspeak -

Edited by Team DEMP

Quick question, as I cannot find the written answer.

Does attending a geocaching event count for the Memory Lane Scoring, or not?

It seems it does NOT count for the Memory Lane Scoring, as I just attended a drive-in event, but no additional point.

And which ever it is, where on any geocaching.com webpage is this written out?

I know an 'Attended" is not a "Found", but still nothing about events are in writing in at least the Memory Lane webpage

https://www.geocaching.com/play/souvenircampaign/memorylane

20 minutes ago, Dr.MORO said:

It seems it does NOT count for the Memory Lane Scoring, as I just attended a drive-in event, but no additional point.

I know an 'Attended" is not a "Found", but still nothing about events are in writing in at least the Memory Lane webpage

That's a really good question! The blog does not say anything about getting credit for events. Out of curiosity I checked someone on my friends list who attended an event today and that particular geocache is not showing up on the memory lane scoring. Unless I missed it! Maybe someone else can chime in to say something different. 

4 hours ago, Dr.MORO said:

This is the closest I've seen to answering your question. 

Screenshot_20200809-013910.png

25 minutes ago, ecanderson said:

How would one even know?  I see a total, and a chart describing how things are scored ("About Scoring"), but no specific breakdown of how my score actually tallies.  Just one big number.

The breakdown. Under leaderboard. 

Screenshot_20200812-220809.png

Edited by Max and 99

To find how and where you scored on Memory Lane:

Go to your Dashboard on the website - click on Leaderboard on the left (should be below "Souvenirs" and above the Geocaches / Friends options). Once on the Leaderboard, click on yourself (should appear as "You" and your current score), and it'll expand into a list of the caches that gave you points for Memory Lane.

I wasn't able to find the Leaderboard option in the app, but I'm a Basic member so it may be visible for Premium accounts.

29 minutes ago, Unit473L said:

To find how and where you scored on Memory Lane:

Go to your Dashboard on the website - click on Leaderboard on the left (should be below "Souvenirs" and above the Geocaches / Friends options). Once on the Leaderboard, click on yourself (should appear as "You" and your current score), and it'll expand into a list of the caches that gave you points for Memory Lane.

I wasn't able to find the Leaderboard option in the app, but I'm a Basic member so it may be visible for Premium accounts.

There is no leaderboard on the app. 

For me, the Friends option is at the top of the page. After you click on Friends, then the Leaderboard option appears at the top right. 

15 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

The breakdown. Under leaderboard.

Whoa! No kidding? Just yesterday I was looking at the leaderboard, wishing for a way to get the list of the caches behind the scores. Nothing about that list made me think clicking on a name would expand to all the specific caches going into the count. It was only when you brought it up as something so obvious you didn't have to explain how to get it that I figured it out. Thanks!