Unused account

I feel this depends on who gets your mail.   I asked for similar, almost the same as I have now, belonging to an inactive no finds/hides account.

It was explained that it's an account, and they may join soon.  About a year later I saw a brand-new member with that name...

Stop back and tell folks what happened.  Thanks.  :)

• Helpful 1
43 minutes ago, team appeltern said:

which is not used for more then 10 years and has 0 founds

I think this may be possible,  IF no account activity at all.  You can't see if the account has logged dnfs, or write note or even an archived unpublished cache page.

I believe that from time to time now a sweep of unused, untouched accounts is done.  If the username you want is close to being swept, maybe you can have it.

• Helpful 1
Just now, TmdAndGG said:

Why?

For me, it was simple. 

I had a name in mind, something I've been called for many years, but that unused-for-many-years account was taken by another.

I couldn't get that name I really wanted,  simply because someone "did it first".

We see a bunch like that, type in a name on "find another player", and besides the one you looked at, there's a dozen "close" with no finds/hides.

- Sock accounts in the waiting...