Deleted Caches

peem

I used to have a couple of hundred caches on my Oregon 700 but I decided to delete them about a year ago (using BaseCamp) and only d/l those I wanted as I wanted them. Just lately when I d/l caches and look into my Oregon, All those deleted caches are back. I went back into BaseCamp to delete them again but they are not showing!

I have no Idea how they have re-appeared or how to get rid of them.

Connect your GPS to your computer and use a filemanager to go to  device:/Garmin/GPX and/or device:/Garmin/GGZ. Delete the files. That's all (unless you're using a Mac, it seems files are not really deleted but kept in "trash").

BTW, you don't need Basecamp to manage files/caches on your Or700.

Thanks for the reply. I opened filemanager and went to programme files and from there to Garmin. There is no GPX or GGZ,so I cannot find the caches. I know I'm probably doing something wrong but I don't know what.

Do you remember how you downloaded those old caches? On the gpsmap66, caches downloaded through Geocaching LIve over wifi are stored separately from caches downloaded in .gpx and .ggz files. I have to go to Setup->Geocaching->Geocaching Live->Remove Live Data to delete them. I would guess its something similar on the 700.

Ok, thanks for all your help. As you probably guessed, my technical knowledge is very low.

Anyway I eventually got to the Oregons GPX files. All those old deleted caches were not in there. I tried the GGZ but there was nothing in there. I then unplugged the 700 and switched it on. All the old deleted caches have gone from there (obviously) too. So whatever brought them back is a mystery.

Mineral2, thanks for trying to help. I'm not using a Mac though.