GPS incompatable with my Chrome book

I bought myself a gps (garmin Etrex10) and I am not able to download anything from my chrome book. I understand it doesn't work on a Chromebook, but it doesn't say which app works. When I looked it up, a lot of different ones popped up, none seemed to mention geocaching. I looked through some forums, and can't figure it out. Can someone give (step by step) directions? I am getting frustrated....

I hope I can use my gps, it would be a pain to have to return it. 

Thanks!

Edited by psychpineapple
31 minutes ago, psychpineapple said:

I bought myself a gps (garmin Etrex10) and I am not able to download anything from my chrome book. I understand it doesn't work on a Chromebook, but it doesn't say which app works. When I looked it up, a lot of different ones popped up, none seemed to mention geocaching. I looked through some forums, and can't figure it out. Can someone give (step by step) directions? I am getting frustrated....

I hope I can use my gps, it would be a pain to have to return it. 

Thanks!

If your Chromebook recognizes your Etrex as a USB Drive when you plug it in, it should work, depending on your file manager App.  The basic idea is you load a GPX file into the folder [DriveName]:/Garmin/GPX.  One quick way to get a GPX file is to download it from a cache page first.  You may place that file directly from the cache page into the Etrex (download it to the specific GPX folder).

You may also unzip Lists or Pocket Queries that you've downloaded, and copy the resulting GPX file(s).

I don't know if you could use any of the "Send To" features, which require additional software.

Edited by kunarion

According to the specs the Etrex10 has no user memory or memory card.  It does accept .gpx files but only 2000 caches as best I can determine. It also has paperless caching  but no additional memory capability.  Hope this helps.

To load the .gpx file put it under the Garmin\GPX\subdirectory.  The gps will find the .gpx file and load the caches.

Edited by PeoriaBill
expand comments
59 minutes ago, PeoriaBill said:

According to the specs the Etrex10 has no user memory or memory card.  It does accept .gpx files but only 2000 caches as best I can determine. It also has paperless caching  but no additional memory capability.  Hope this helps.

To load the .gpx file put it under the Garmin directory.  The gps will find the .gpx file and load the caches.

Not if you put it in the wrong location as you have instructed.

• Helpful 1