Pocket query question

IslandUncharted

I live in a small town surrounded by wilderness...... when I perform a pocket query using my "home location" (+100k)  I am bombarded with a tonne of local caches located in places like the local park, the beer and wine parking lot, the neighbours garden etc........

To the best of my understanding a pocket query can only retrieve 1000 results most of which are "close to home location"

I uploaded the queries  gpx file to Basecamp and its missing lots of gzs well within the 100k radius (most likley due to the 1k return limitation)

so my question is.... is there a way to omit city results from the query or an API to create you own?

Thank you :)

Te easiest way to split up an area is to add "placed at" dates.

So PQ01 could be radius 100Km placed 01/01/2000-31/12/2010

PQ02 could be radius 100Km placed 01/01/2011-31/12/2013

PQ03 .....

You'll see that the closer you get to today the time range get smaller.

I do this for Belgium and need 39 PQs to do that

Every once in a while you need to add a PQ as the last one (most recent) fills up and you'll have to check all others after a few months after you have found caches and others are archived so they will tend to drop far below 1000.

Instead of Basecamp you could consider GSAK (for windows) to keep downloaded caches in an offline database. You can then use the API to load and refresh caches and much more.

5 hours ago, IslandUncharted said:

is there a way to omit city results from the query

My Pocket Queries I usually check the box next to Terrain Rating, and then ask for T 2 and up.   This will lose many of the commercial, roadside, urban and suburban caches.  Of course,  it loses caches in or near the parking and trail head of nice places you might go.    

The two answers above are about efficiently getting all caches.   Which I also do, then filter in GSAK (a geocache database management program) which offers more filtering options than does the site.