What Does This Mean?

A locked cache means that you can not log it. It is usually used for caches that have been archived but people still keep logging them. Strange number of new hides are locked. Would you mind giving us a GC code of one of the hides so we can see?

Edited by TmdAndGG
6 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

Perhaps the reviewers published them but don't want anyone visiting and logging them yet due to local heath restrictions? It would be a strange way of doing it, though.

But they can't stop geocachers from visiting and signing the log, and I assume coords are visible on the page. I would think it better to just not publish them.

• Upvote 2

My guess would be the cache was reviewed when it was submitted back in March, but since it couldn't be published at that time, the reviewer locked it so no changes could be made to it. The reviewer probably just missed unlocking it when it was able to be published.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, JPatton said:

My guess would be the cache was reviewed when it was submitted back in March, but since it couldn't be published at that time, the reviewer locked it so no changes could be made to it. The reviewer probably just missed unlocking it when it was able to be published.

That's a good guess!

• Helpful 1
21 minutes ago, JeepGPS said:

Ten years later, people started logging it again although it hasn't been logged since 2013.

That's why it was locked. People technically aren't supposed to log a archived virtual (unless they have a really good reason). Probably locked in 2013:)