Trackable Etiquette Question

MatildaWolf

Yesterday, I noticed that a cache near me that I haven't found yet has two trackables that the CO recently dropped off. I've been caching for a little while now; but I've never come across a trackable before (that I know of at least). Now I'm wondering, if I did go after this cache to get the trackables, would it be considered rude to pick up both of them? Should I leave one for another geocacher to pick up? Or is it considered rude to mark both as discovered but only log/pick up one of them?

For context: both trackables have goals that I can easily fulfill. One just wants to keep moving and the other wants to have its picture taken with dogs.

First of all, you need to log that you took the trackable. Logging it as discovered just means that you saw it, not that you took it. Make sure you always log if you take a trackable. Taking multiple trackables isn't bad, just make sure to move and log it quickly. 

• Upvote 2
35 minutes ago, MatildaWolf said:

Yesterday, I noticed that a cache near me that I haven't found yet has two trackables that the CO recently dropped off.

I've been caching for a little while now; but I've never come across a trackable before (that I know of at least).

Now I'm wondering, if I did go after this cache to get the trackables, would it be considered rude to pick up both of them?

Should I leave one for another geocacher to pick up? Or is it considered rude to mark both as discovered but only log/pick up one of them?

For context: both trackables have goals that I can easily fulfill. One just wants to keep moving and the other wants to have its picture taken with dogs.

Have you checked the Help Center for info on Trackables ?

Maybe Retrieve one (if any are even still there when you get there...) for now to get the hang of things a bit.  :)

You could Discover the other one while there.

Sounds (to me) that both want to keep moving, one is merely mentioning dog pics too if possible.

I'd Retrieve either ,  Placing it into another cache within two-to-three weeks after  (like it says in the guidelines), or soon.

There is no rude. Pick up both? If you want, but normally I'd leave one, especially the cache is frequently visited and the TBs haven't been there long. But if you think you can help them to their goals better than anyone else, go for it!

If you don't pick one up, feel free to discover it. That's what the discover option is for.

• Upvote 1