Option to show archived founds on the map

Pfalzschaf

I want to see all my founds - including the archived founds - on the map for example with a orange smiley.

I don't like it, if I look on the map and I can´t remember if I was in a region before or not, because the archived cache can not displayed beside the active ones.

Geocaching is for me a little outdoor diary and if I can´t find all of my founds on the map it makes me sad :-(

The archive founds should be a option on the map!

This will help me remember my outdoor activities :-) and it can be a nice premium member function?!

You can do it currently, although it's a bit of a roundabout method. Go to the Search page, set your location then in filters, set your search radius and the Found option. This will produce a list of all the caches you've found in that search area. Add them all to a list, make a PQ of the list and map the PQ. Because the PQ map still uses the old "browse" map rather than the new "search" map, it shows archived caches. Here's an example from around my home location:

image.png.08a16e5decc4c846bace1dc8973f463e.png

Many of those caches, including the event I hosted near the beach a few years back (the green star), are now archived.

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

You can do it currently, although it's a bit of a roundabout method. Go to the Search page, set your location then in filters, set your search radius and the Found option. This will produce a list of all the caches you've found in that search area. Add them all to a list, make a PQ of the list and map the PQ. Because the PQ map still uses the old "browse" map rather than the new "search" map, it shows archived caches

Thank you for explaining that!

While @barefootjeff gives a good technique for a particular area, that's going to be limited by that area, as well as by bookmark list/pocket query size if you have more than 1,000 finds in that area.

If you use GSAK, download your my finds pocket query into a database and then use either the Google Map or Leaflet map macro, and it will display all of your finds, archived or otherwise, all over the world.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, TheVoytekBear said:

This is easily achieved using project-gc even without premium. Use the map compare feature and compare yourself to yourself. (this seems not to work anymore :/) to someone who was never in the area. The caches with red crosses are archived, the greyed out are disabled.

No need to compare with anything / anyone.  You can just leave that box blank.

• Helpful 1

Thanks for the workaround but I knew this already.

My request was to improve the map on GEOCACHING.COM and not to switch to another website or program.

This post was meant as features suggestion.

Maybe it will be work on the geocaching.com map in the future?

:-)

• Upvote 1