"Reactions" now limited ?

cerberus1

I was going to hit a "helpful" reaction to a post that was very helpful.    :)

When I click on it, I get a "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today ".  I  "added" two other posts earlier this morning...

Didn't see any notice in announcements.    

Why I'm thinking about it, is there a limit?    If there is, does that limit include "laughing" at jokes in off-topic ?     Thanks.

Edited by cerberus1
  • Upvote 1

Hmm, strange. Kinda unrelated, but when I just went to add a reaction, the first time I tried it said "sorry, there has been an issue with posting this reaction" or something of that sort. When I tried it again it posted just fine. Now I'm going to have to post a whole bunch of reactions to see if it happens to me:P!

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Rock Chalk said:

We have not made any changes. I actually wasn't aware there was a restriction on reactions until looking into it just now. The Invision software (which powers the forums) was defaulting to 50 reactions per user per day.

Learned something new. 

15 minutes ago, Rock Chalk said:

We have not made any changes. I actually wasn't aware there was a restriction on reactions until looking into it just now. The Invision software (which powers the forums) was defaulting to 50 reactions per user per day.

Thanks.   :)    Not sure when the "day" begins , but I only hit two today.

Sorry you OT folks.  You may be funny, but I'm not laughing (with a click) anymore.   :D

2 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Not sure when the "day" begins , but I only hit two today.

As all things GS probably Seattle (Pacific) time. You know, the spot the Earth rotates around ;)

We all know a server for a global audience should use UTC to avoid time confusion.

• Helpful 2
1 minute ago, cerberus1 said:

You may be close.   "Office" hours maybe ?     I just clicked on one, and it worked !  :)

Servers don't do "office hours". Limits can be reset at the certain time or can be "floating" as in "x" over "y" time (think geocheckers). (OT) In any case servers shouldn't use daylight saving time either.

I've hit the limit a few times myself. I have a hunch that "day" refers to a rolling 24-hour window. I've hit the limit, then been able to add another reaction or three, then hit the limit again, then been able to add another reaction or three, all in the same day.