Images missing

elyob

8 minutes ago, elyob said:

On my aging version of Safari (no, I don't know which version), I can no longer see images on the Waymarking.com sites.  The problem began about twelve hours ago.

This morning, about 12 hours ago, someone reported to me that they could not upload images to or see any images on the Waymarking site. 

Images were fine for me this morning on Chrome, but not for someone else, using Firefox.

I've also heard from someone using Chrome just now and images aren't showing. I just tried using Firefox, and there are no images.

So so far: Chrome, Firefox, and Safari are all showing no images.

It looks like one of the 3rd party tools we use to allow users to stop collecting cookies has introduced some sort of bug on their server side. The current workaround for the moment is to remove your cookies, refresh the page, and accept all cookie types going forward, then refresh the page again. I'll report the issue to the 3rd party and hopefully they will get a fix out soon.

• Helpful 3

On my Notebook (Acer) I only run IE (Internet Explorer), while on my older laptop it is Chrome, as I do on my Android phone. But all don't show the Map, nor the Profile Photo, and the Gallery photos aren't accessible. I have restarted them each three times, with NO benefit.

* So I am not Approving any Waymark Submissions.

Any fixes yet?!? 

Edited by Grahame Cookie
No benefit
  • Upvote 1

So I was having issues with Chrome not showing images earlier in the week.  I cleared my cache and cookies and then did an uninstall and reinstall of Chrome.  I'm back to seeing images and the map in Chrome.  I don't know if that will work for anybody else...

Still no images here. 5 days passed by now. 

* Chrome for Windows - No

* Firefox for Windows - No

* Chrome on Android - No

At this point I am not willing to clear cookies, and I am intrigued by seeing such solution worked to someone else. 

Edited by Torgut
1 hour ago, Torgut said:

Still no images here. 5 days passed by now. 

* Chrome for Windows - No

* Firefox for Windows - No

* Chrome on Android - No

At this point I am not willing to clear cookies, and I am intrigued by seeing such solution worked to someone else. 

I wonder why Chrome on Android has not given me any problems regarding photos. I'm very grateful that I can still use it. Much harder than the desktop, but good enough right now. 

I believe I have figured out the fix for the issue and deployed it to production a few minutes ago. It should no longer be necessary for you to clear your cookies in order to view images. Get back to me here if you see otherwise.

Thanks,
bootron

• Helpful 2

Woohoo! I see photos on Firefox again. Thank you!

Edit: i can see images on the site, but when I upload an image to a waymark, there's no preview. I can only see it if I click on gallery or view waymark. No big deal, cuz at least I can see images!! Just wanted to let you know.

Edit Edit: When I click on the waymark's gallery, and select a photo, normally you see the photo and can select to delete it or use it as the default photo. I still have the options, but there's no photo showing.

Edited by Max and 99
7 hours ago, bootron said:

There are a few other areas that I may have to do the same solution on, so if you find anything that I've missed just post it here and I'll check it next week. Thanks!

Looks like we all may owe you another beer and 'dog after this!  Thanks for your efforts on this, bootron! 

On 5/22/2020 at 3:03 PM, bootron said:

There are a few other areas that I may have to do the same solution on, so if you find anything that I've missed just post it here and I'll check it next week. Thanks!

Well, bootron, I'm experiencing a few other issues here. Using Chrome, recently updated.

Coordinate input can no longer be changed to Decimal Degrees. Admittedly, using Decimal Degrees has always been flaky, but after a couple of WMs in a day it usually settled down to (mostly) working.

Also, pix on a page are nowhere to be seen. I use a png as a picture frame. Strangely it does appear on the page, but surrounding (no picture), as in nothing.

When uploading pix while creating a WM, the URL for the last uploaded pic appears very briefly, then disappears and the pic itself never appears. I use that pic as a link to a pic I intend to place on the page. In order to do that one must be alert and quickly click on the URL immediately as it appears and "Open link in new tab" or, better, "Copy Link Address" to capture it.

Also, Ditto what 99 just mentioned above. No pic. Naturally, the pic does appear in Edge. :(

OH CRAP!!! I just checked Edge. All pix appeared on the page of the WM that I had just submitted. No map, though.

That doesn't mean, however, that I'm about to start using Edge on a daily basis. :mellow:

Thanks, bootron, for all your time and trouble with the site!!

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
On 5/22/2020 at 11:06 PM, iconions said:

Just another thought - I am reading that the last update for Windows 10 is rather buggy - it went out on Tuesday.  Just another thing to keep in mind...

Tom - I DID NOT want to hear that. How 'bout some good news instead, like "baseball is about to start up", or "it's gonna stop raining this afternoon"? Or maybe "I just won $5,000 worth of free groceries"?

Keith

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, ScroogieII said:

Tom - I DID NOT want to hear that. How 'bout some good news instead, like "baseball is about to start up", or "it's gonna stop raining this afternoon"? Or maybe "I just won $5,000 worth of free groceries"?

Keith

I do computer support, and trust me, I didn't want to READ that either.  Microsoft is supposed to be looking into it, but who knows if it is a root cause or not.  We're supposed to get rain here in KC the rest of the week - I can see about shipping some up to you if you want?

18 hours ago, iconions said:

We're supposed to get rain here in KC the rest of the week - I can see about shipping some up to you if you want?

Would that be via Airmail? :D

But, no thanks. We just got over a few rainy days and it's supposed to turn sunny and warm, beginning today. Don't wanna mess that up with a planeload of KC showers.

35 minutes ago, elyob said:

Be careful what you ask for.

Thanks, I'll try - BUT this gives me the opportunity to point out another "Feature/Foible/Failing/FUBAR EVENT".

Bootron,

Today I discovered that, when doing a Waymark search, the "Waymarks Posted By:" button no longer functions.

IE - One (if they're using my computer and Chrome, at least) cannot search by Waymarker. Earlier it worked in neither Chrome nor Edge. Just tried Edge - it worked. Retried Chrome - no go.

Keith

1 hour ago, ScroogieII said:

Thanks, I'll try - BUT this gives me the opportunity to point out another "Feature/Foible/Failing/FUBAR EVENT".

Bootron,

Today I discovered that, when doing a Waymark search, the "Waymarks Posted By:" button no longer functions.

IE - One (if they're using my computer and Chrome, at least) cannot search by Waymarker. Earlier it worked in neither Chrome nor Edge. Just tried Edge - it worked. Retried Chrome - no go.

Keith

It works for me in Chrome.  I guess I have a magic laptop....