What about favorites on the app

25 minutes ago, buzzmonkey said:

Since geocaching places such pride on caches with faves can the phone app have a simple way to give a cache a fave. 

My caches are often found and people say "gets a fave" but they never go back and log it as such.

That's not just the app.  We see that with people we know are GPSr users. 

What folks say, and what they decide after they thought about it a while...   But I agree, sometimes app things just aren't intuitive.

Sometimes I let my account go basic.   If I find a cache I really liked enough to give a FP to, I'll say "Gets a FP" .

When I'm PM again I'll leave it.    :)

1 hour ago, buzzmonkey said:

Since geocaching places such pride on caches with faves can the phone app have a simple way to give a cache a fave.  My caches are often found and people say "gets a fave" but they never go back and log it as such.

Is there not already a way to do that?

1 hour ago, buzzmonkey said:

Since geocaching places such pride on caches with faves can the phone app have a simple way to give a cache a fave.  My caches are often found and people say "gets a fave" but they never go back and log it as such.

I just checked on an iphone: When you log a Found It on a cache, you click the heart symbol to give a Favorite point. 

• Helpful 2

As someone has mentioned, there is a heart icon on the app that you can click when logging the find to give a cache a favorite point... the problem I've encountered is when you FORGET to click the heart and submit the find.  There is no way to edit the log and add the favorite point that I have been able to find.  The only option I know is to go to the cache on the website and there is a heart icon drop down that you can click to add a favorite.  But it's strange that it can't be updated on the app.

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, Viajero Perdido said:

"The app" is not meant to be a complete website substitute.

Heck, I hear you can't even specify a date in "the app".  Use the website to fix that, is the usual answer...

Yeah, the app is really just meant for finding caches...

Edited by TmdAndGG