Missing Finds - From my find list

We are going to go get one of the star caches in WA It is close to Sprague, WA. I noticed that on my list of finds - going back to when we started in 2009. Some of my finds are not listed. Like Ritzville and Sprague - we found all the caches that were there back then and now they are not on our list anymore. I also do see them on geocaching.com as being there anymore. 

Do finds drop off your list if a cache is archived?  I think we are missing anywhere from 5-10 caches - smileys. I know the owners never removed the finds - so that isn't the issue. 

Thanks in advance - I did try to search this topic but came up blank. 

1 minute ago, ZoeyGreenCache said:

We are going to go get one of the star caches in WA It is close to Sprague, WA. I noticed that on my list of finds - going back to when we started in 2009. Some of my finds are not listed. Like Ritzville and Sprague - we found all the caches that were there back then and now they are not on our list anymore. I also do see them on geocaching.com as being there anymore. 

Do finds drop off your list if a cache is archived?  I think we are missing anywhere from 5-10 caches - smileys.

I know the owners never removed the finds - so that isn't the issue. 

Thanks in advance - I did try to search this topic but came up blank. 

By "list of finds", are you talking about "Geocaches Found" on your profile ?   You don't "lose" finds if a cache is archived.

"Ritzville" and "Sprague" means something to you.    :)

Did you sign the logs of all caches you found ?   Possible that the CO deleted your find after seeing no signature on the log.

You say the owners never "removed" the finds.  How are you sure ?

A specific cache (GC code) would definitely help. I see lots of archived caches in your list of found caches.

It's hard to view archived caches on the geocaching.com site (and intentionally so). They won't come up in a normal search, but they do come up in the list of caches placed by the owner (if you know who the owner is), or in the list of caches found by someone (if you know someone who found it). They also come up if you look for a specific GC code.

Yes I mean geocaches found. Ritzville & Sprague are cities in Washington State. We signed all logs. I noticed the caches are no longer even listed on Geocaching.com. When CO delete your find - usually they send emails or messages via the geocaching.com message.

These were done probably in 2010. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, ZoeyGreenCache said:

Yes I mean geocaches found. Ritzville & Sprague are cities in Washington State. We signed all logs. I noticed the caches are no longer even listed on Geocaching.com. When CO delete your find - usually they send emails or messages via the geocaching.com message.

These were done probably in 2010. 

Yep, an email is auto-generated by the site when logs are deleted.

Since we can't see into the cache pages, maybe an email to Geocaching HQ  is in order.   They're able see if logs have been deleted.