[Idea] Active caches

EveRan2013

If you now go to someones pages there is mentioned below:

• Founds
  • Hides
  • FAV points
I would like to see the active caches there, for the moment I have 158 hides but they aren't all active anymore (some are archived s.a. events)

It would be better to show the active caches there, because the archived caches aren't on the map anymore.

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, EveRan2013 said:

• Founds
  • Hides
  • FAV points
I would like to see the active caches there, for the moment I have 158 hides but they aren't all active anymore (some are archived s.a. events)

It would be better to show the active caches there, because the archived caches aren't on the map anymore.

A separation of active and archived could be helpful. But I still want to be able to see their archived caches on their profile. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

A separation of active and archived could be helpful. But I still want to be able to see their archived caches on their profile. 

I think the OP has a really good idea. Obvious, even, at least in retrospect. But I agree that both total and current are important, and I'd also side with total being the more important of the two. But even as I say that, I recognize it's just my arbitrary opinion. I don't really have an argument for why the current should be deemed less important.

Even just something like 189 Hides (24 Active) would be much more helpful and informative. Good idea.

Extend that to the cache list - have the option to hide archived, or group them separately.

Granted all this is really more relevant to high-count hiders.

2 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Yes I Agree, both are important.

But I just wanted to say that the number that is visible now isn't the actual situation.

Maybe they should split it in 2 seperate lines (active and archived caches)

I always thought it odd that we see how many caches someone used to have, totaled in with active caches they currently have.

I wouldn't mind an  accurate total of current caches active in the public profile...  

If clicking on caches owned,  they'd still have to be in order to when published, and all archived still there in place too.   :)

I wouldn't mind seeing this.  We've hidden plenty of caches, but we also move a lot due to my job.  So we pick up and archive our hides in one spot, and then put more out when we get settled in the next spot.  (I'm about to start this process again next month, before the movers come pick up our whatnot.)

I have a bookmark list of our caches, I've edited all the archived ones with "ZZZ" at the beginning to put them at the bottom of the list for this exact reason.  (Just added another one to that bottom category, as I get ready to move again, in fact.)  But sure, it'd be nice if this was done for me.

• Helpful 1
6 hours ago, EveRan2013 said:

• Founds
  • Hides
  • FAV points

Maybe it's because I'm still using the "old" version, but I'm not seeing everything mentioned here on their profile page.  Are FPs and your location listed on your profile page in the "new" version?

24 minutes ago, coachstahly said:

Maybe it's because I'm still using the "old" version, but I'm not seeing everything mentioned here on their profile page.

Are FPs and your location listed on your profile page in the "new" version?

Yep.   My Location is shown to the right of "message Center" on the "old" version as well.

ETA... I just looked at yours, and it seems you simply didn't put it in.     :)

Your line even with message center is "Last Visit", which is to the right of "E-Mail address" for me.

You can click on the "Go to new public profile" and click back afterwards.  I do that when things like this are mentioned.  

Edited by cerberus1