Lackey Tags

Max and 99

I enjoyed the recent blog article about Lackey Tags. I learned some new things! I did not know that the Lackey Tag is given after accomplishments are met, but the Lackey icon is given to every Lackey who joins HQ. The designs are great!

How many different tag designs does each Lackey have? I know it can vary, but I'm just curious. There must be a ton of these out there, based on the photo shown on the blog post:

The making of a Lackey Tag

24 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

How many different tag designs does each Lackey have?

It varies widely. Some Lackeys have worked at HQ for years and never changed their tag design. Others make small tweaks from time to time. Or even much bigger changes as their interests change over time.

• Helpful 1

In 2014 I visited geocaching headquarters. As well as the HQ trackable, I was handed another trackable by a worker who walked by. I'm guessing that might be what is know as a Lackey Tag. I kept the tag and sent the code out with a toy tiger attached. The tiger has gone missing, but I would have the original tag still somewhere. Would need to search a few likely places for it. This is the TB: https://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=5644927

I dropped it off in Iceland, and it was picked up and taken back to the USA where it originated and then went missing.

• Funny 1
23 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

In 2014 I visited geocaching headquarters. As well as the HQ trackable, I was handed another trackable by a worker who walked by. I'm guessing that might be what is know as a Lackey Tag. I kept the tag and sent the code out with a toy tiger attached. The tiger has gone missing, but I would have the original tag still somewhere. Would need to search a few likely places for it. This is the TB: https://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=5644927

I dropped it off in Iceland, and it was picked up and taken back to the USA where it originated and then went missing.

Is that Hobbes?

13 minutes ago, colleda said:

Hobbes the tiger as in Calvin and Hobbes comic strip.

Oh, I have never followed that cartoon, but now I understand :). I don't know. I found the tiger; possibly in a cache, thought  it cute and later attached it to a tag. I have since stopped attaching cute things as cute things go missing, along with the tag. Such a shame that :mad:. Rather as "Hobbes" has gone missing.

39 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:

Oh, I have never followed that cartoon, but now I understand :). I don't know. I found the tiger; possibly in a cache, thought  it cute and later attached it to a tag. I have since stopped attaching cute things as cute things go missing, along with the tag. Such a shame that :mad:. Rather as "Hobbes" has gone missing.

Yep, big mistake attaching anything cute.

BTW, OT alert. C & H is my favourite comic in the Sunday Telegraph. It's one of the main reasons, along with the Sunday puzzles, that I get it. It's definitely not for the political commentary.

9 minutes ago, colleda said:

Yep, big mistake attaching anything cute.

BTW, OT alert. C & H is my favourite comic in the Sunday Telegraph. It's one of the main reasons, along with the Sunday puzzles, that I get it. It's definitely not for the political commentary.

I get the Canberra Times. I only see the Sunday Telegraph when I visit relatives in Sydney. I do the Sudoku in it; otherwise I find it a low rag, pushing its owner's political agenda. Hardly a balanced news source. Now I remember seeing the tiger cartoon in it. Yes, a good cartoon.