Nachrichten löschen

UM_2017

Are you looking for an option to remove the conversation completely (i.e. for both parties) or just from your own view?

I wouldn’t want the first, but I’d have no objection to the second (why would I?) ... but I wouldn’t use it.  On a number of occasions I’ve either contacted or been contacted by other cachers, and been reminded (by old messages appearing in the thread) that this is not a ‘first contact’.  I find the past correspondence particularly useful when deciding how much of a nudge someone might need with one of my puzzles.

Options to search for message content, across all messages, would be really useful though.

11 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

I agree, and maybe why many don't care for the "message" center,  making notice on their profile they prefer email.

The problem here (for me at least) is that I’m normally contacting a CO about one of their caches, from the cache page, so I don’t even go to the profile.

Even if I did, I’d assume that the other cacher hadn’t actually switched off MC notifications, and would get an email anyway. Only if I didn’t hear back, would I explore other options.