Testing geofencing

Web-ling

Hello @Web-ling

Great question. You can set your Adventure to "private" and have someone test the Geofencing for you.

There are a couple of notes to be aware of when having someone 'test' the Adventure while in "private" mode: 

• Their username will appear in the Leaderboard. At this time, we have no way of removing this.
  • They can remove their log but will not be able to re-log this Adventure again.
  • At the time of writing this (May 18th) we are experiencing a technical issue with the GPS. Geofencing is working but after each Location, the GPS is not updating automatically for the next Location. Players are closing and re-opening the app after each Location in order to work around this temporary issue. Update: the mapping bug mentioned is fixed.

Thank you for your participation during this experimental phase of the Adventure Lab platform. The team at HQ is hard at work on resolving the issue stated above, and we appreciate your patience as we continue fine-tuning Adventure Labs.

Best regards,

Ktaylor211

Edited by ktaylor211
On 5/18/2020 at 12:38 PM, ktaylor211 said:

• Their username will appear in the Leaderboard. At this time, we have no way of removing this.
  • They can remove their log but will not be able to re-log this Adventure again.

If they remove their logs, does the username come off the Leaderboard?

I also need to test a lab's geofencing properly in the field as I am concerned about the phone signal and coordinates at one or two of the locations. If I set the lab to "private", what happens if I try to test it with my own account? I can use a friend's account if necessary but it would be simpler to use mine. Ideally, I'd like to test the geofencing at least a couple of times.

My geofencing doesn't appear to be working. I'm having geocachers report to me that the geofencing on my adventure lab "Exploring the Santa Barbara Cemetery" isn't working. They are able to get the questions to my stations while not even remotely close. I have my geofencing set to bellow 100 meters on all statiions. In some cases 20 or 30 meters.

Anyone else having this problem? The status is "Public".

13 hours ago, RonFisk said:

My geofencing doesn't appear to be working. I'm having geocachers report to me that the geofencing on my adventure lab "Exploring the Santa Barbara Cemetery" isn't working. They are able to get the questions to my stations while not even remotely close. I have my geofencing set to bellow 100 meters on all statiions. In some cases 20 or 30 meters.

Anyone else having this problem? The status is "Public".

Might they have moved into and then out of the geofence?  As I understand it, once you’ve visited the location you’ll still be able to see the question and submit an answer after you’ve moved away.

11 hours ago, IceColdUK said:

Might they have moved into and then out of the geofence?  As I understand it, once you’ve visited the location you’ll still be able to see the question and submit an answer after you’ve moved away.

My information is that this has happened even before visiting the location for the first time. I have tried to change the geofencing, turning off the lab and then making the lab public again. It doesn't seem to have any effect. I didn't have this problem with another of my Adventures. I also noticed that this submission was using a newer version of the lab creator application...

Edited by RonFisk
32 minutes ago, RonFisk said:

My information is that this has happened even before visiting the location for the first time. I have tried to change the geofencing, turning off the lab and then making the lab public again. It doesn't seem to have any effect. I didn't have this problem with another of my Adventures. I also noticed that this submission was using a newer version of the lab creator application...

I created my latest one at the weekend, setting it public yesterday, and the geofencing is working. You mention a "lab creator application", is this a thing or do you mean the builder website (which is what I used)? As far as I can see, the website doesn't have any version information on it.

Correct, The builder website. I do believe that it has been modified since my first use, which was over a year ago. I'm not sure of the version number if any.

Since my original complaint I have redone my Adventure lab and reinstalled the applicataion to my iPhone 11. I do believe that it's operating correctly now. I'll be better able to determine if in fact it's operating correctly after a few more people have tried it.

Thanks for your input...

Edited by RonFisk
18 minutes ago, RonFisk said:

Correct, The builder website. I believe that it has been modified since my first use, which was over a year ago. I'm not sure of the ver. number...

What's your geofencing set for the first stage, which I'm guessing is the urn garden?

Edited by Max and 99
On 10/13/2020 at 4:41 PM, Max and 99 said:

What's your geofencing set for the first stage, which I'm guessing is the urn garden?

The problem has been resolved. I trashed the Adventure Labs app on my iphone and reinstalled it. The geofencing is now working correctly.

Thanks for the help...