One good reason to Waymark

While fixing busted links in Waymarks, today I was doing Rails to Trails Waymarks in PEI and happened to notice a couple of visits for one in O'Leary (actually, they all had at least one visit) and thought I'd see who had been there. Their comments follow:

I was on my way to Alberton for the night but wasn't in a rush so I followed a trail of waymarks to show me highlights of the region. BK-Hunters, your waymarks came up A LOT. You sure know how to find some nice locations and the stories behind them. Thank you for all of your efforts! - Trail Blaisers

... (there was quite a detailed writeup here)

Thank you for creating this Waymark that adds a smile to our profile and helps us achieve our personal goals while having a good time with friends ...TFTW

Casper&Aero de Baie-Comeau

It's great to get visits like that!!!

It seems that Trail Blaisers followed us all over the island a couple years after we were there (and embarrassed us :( by snagging some good Waymarks we had missed).

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Surprised 1
19 minutes ago, ScroogieII said:

It seems that Trail Blaisers followed us all over the island a couple years after we were there (and embarrassed us :( by snagging some good Waymarks we had missed).

Always nice to get a good visit log. :)

Unless it gets me a first in a category, I'm more than happy to leave a few for others to Waymark!

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Bear and Ragged said:

Unless it gets me a first in a category, I'm more than happy to leave a few for others to Waymark!

I'm sorry, Bear and Ragged, but I will disagree with you here to some extent. Given my anal propensity to research a potential Waymark to death before publishing, I have found that, as a rule, I will be able to provide more useful information within a Waymark than will most who follow me. Inevitably, I will leave some good stuff unWaymarked in my wake, but, as a rule, those are errors of omission.

In the past I have published Waymarks only after several years of diligent, though certainly not continuous, research have produced valuable and usable results.

Overall, I experience no regret, nor any obligation to the community at large, in NOT leaving behind, and undone, Waymarks I feel are eminently researchable. Obviously, many potential Waymarks do not lend themselves to extensive research. These I will take or leave, depending on various circumstances.

But yes, those really nice visits are a joy to receive. They allow one to selfishly feel that they are actually contributing, truly able to provide some real enjoyment to others who follow us on our treks and travails.

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
needed a fix
18 hours ago, Bear and Ragged said:

My thoughts are similar, get one for the neighbourhood (village, township, province or country) and then leave the rest.  Restricted travel is forcing me to change my thoughts.

Edited by elyob
14 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

Inevitably, I will leave some good stuff unWaymarked in my wake, but, as a rule, those are errors of omission.

You missed the Starbucks in Montana, for starters, and it was a lot of fun seeing Myrna Loy (QDV Senior's favorite actress) where you guys had been at Forestvale Cemetery in Helena, MT.    ?