Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
T0SHEA

Prejudice does not belong in Waymarking

A few commonplace examples of prejudice are those based on someone's race, gender, nationality, social status, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation.

I am an active officer and leader in many categories, on several occasions I have seen inappropriate comments/prejudice written in some submissions.

Also, the use of questionable expletives, some disguised. There are at least one very crude comment on an officer's tagline. 

If I review, I will either decline or depending how severe I will edit the comment out.

Officers, what are you doing, if anything?

• Funny 2

Posted (edited)

Believe it or not, I have not yet encountered this prejudice.  If I do, I would likely shame them here first.

Expletives without prejudice don't concern me. 

Edited by elyob
  • Upvote 2

I am going to play Switzerland, Sweden, or any number of other neutrals on this discussion.  I do not want to get into trouble.

• Funny 1

I use to receive crude messages when i decline a waymark, from always same waymarkers.

I use to validate between 20 to 30 waymarks per day, sometimes more and i use to control a lot of thing.

I decline waymarks for a lot of reason, long description is missing, translation is missing, mispelling, internet photos, source missing, wrong variables content, naming convention not respected, requirements not respected, inappropriate default photo, wrong category, etc. 

But if waymarkers make changes, i always validate their waymarks. I can consider less than 1% (of my queue) are definitely declined, it's no a lot.

So why some waymarkers are always upset when i ask for changes ? They consider i do not understand enough english, i invent requirements, or as i am not the leader i am not able to decide so leave the leader validate (even if the leader is inactive !!!), so i receive a lot of nice crude message.

What is the choice ?

1) Be upset like them and quit all groups where i am an officer

2) Reply with a crude message, my english is not good enough...

3) Try to explain if it's not a waste of times

4) Shut my mouth

I always choose 3 or 4 at the end            after 1 when i just read the message...

Hopefully sometimes i receive real nice messages saying i am doing a good job.

I am not complaining, it's just facts, i would not open this discussion but happy to not be alone

• Surprised 1

33 minutes ago, Alfouine said:

I use to receive crude messages when i decline a waymark, from always same waymarkers.

I use to validate between 20 to 30 waymarks per day, sometimes more and i use to control a lot of thing.

I decline waymarks for a lot of reason, long description is missing, translation is missing, mispelling, internet photos, source missing, wrong variables content, naming convention not respected, requirements not respected, inappropriate default photo, wrong category, etc. 

But if waymarkers make changes, i always validate their waymarks. I can consider less than 1% (of my queue) are definitely declined, it's no a lot.

So why some waymarkers are always upset when i ask for changes ? They consider i do not understand enough english, i invent requirements, or as i am not the leader i am not able to decide so leave the leader validate (even if the leader is inactive !!!), so i receive a lot of nice crude message.

What is the choice ?

1) Be upset like them and quit all groups where i am an officer

2) Reply with a crude message, my english is not good enough...

3) Try to explain if it's not a waste of times

4) Shut my mouth

I always choose 3 or 4 at the end            after 1 when i just read the message...

Hopefully sometimes i receive real nice messages saying i am doing a good job.

I am not complaining, it's just facts, i would not open this discussion but happy to not be alone

Just remember - no good deed goes unpunished.

4 hours ago, Alfouine said:

Interesting. Wonder if they are the same ones?

There are times, I get personal messages that are harassment.  Seems they disagree with the way I manage some of my categories, tough!

I usually respond once, then I ignore them and do not dignify them with a response.  

Alfouine, you are a fair and a good officer. I appreciate your assistance in several categories I manage. I have asked for your help on many occasions and you were always there for me. Thanks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, T0SHEA said:

Alfouine, you are a fair and a good officer. I appreciate your assistance in several categories I manage. I have asked for your help on many occasions and you were always there for me. Thanks. 

Thank you very much.

12 hours ago, Alfouine said:

Thank you very much.

Thierry, are you blushing now? Just kidding. Much as I dislike the prospect, I agree with Barb. You are a pretty darned good category officer, no doubt about it. I am willing to stand up with you against any and all maledictions and opprobrium which may be slung in your direction.

Keith

4 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

Thierry, are you blushing now? Just kidding. Much as I dislike the prospect, I agree with Barb. You are a pretty darned good category officer, no doubt about it. I am willing to stand up with you against any and all maledictions and opprobrium which may be slung in your direction.

Keith

Thank you very much

I request this thread be closed.