Transfer

pajo30

For cache transfers, use the do-it-yourself adoption tool.  The existing owner will need to go there first, enter the GC Code and the name of the transferee, and then a message is sent to alert the new owner to go to the same page and accept the transfer.  No involvement by Geocaching.com or a Community Volunteer Reviewer is needed.

For more information on cache adoptions, see this Help Center article.

• Helpful 1
On 5/15/2020 at 4:42 PM, pajo30 said:

How do I transfer  a cache owner's cache into my name with his consent??

We thought of doing this but instead asked the cache owner to archive his cache, which he did gladly, so we can then place a new exciting cache hide in the location for cachers to find. It not only brings cachers back to the bike path but they get another smiley! 

• Surprised 1

Hi all,

My question is slightly different of the one initially asked.

Is there a way to adopt a cache without the consent of its owner?

Example: The owner hasn’t logged in for a long period of time and the cache runs into the risk of being archived.

29 minutes ago, Tynie said:

Is there a way to adopt a cache without the consent of its owner?

Example: The owner hasn’t logged in for a long period of time and the cache runs into the risk of being archived.

No. 

In the Help Center , under "Adopt or transfer a geocache"  (the link in Keystone's post above) , the first sentence says "Geocaching HQ will not process a transfer without permission from the original cache owner." 

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1