Lost Caches in RTP area

Guest flybrew

Guest flybrew

Has anyone else noticed a rash of missing caches in the Triangle area. I know of 3 in the past month that have suddenly come up missing. 2 in Occoneechee Park and another in Jordan lake. I have noticed several people who have been unable to find these caches so it's not my inability to find it. I think someone is using the Geocaching.com come to find some free junk.

Guest Hawk-eye

I think the first two you refer to have fallen to the State park rangers ... the Jordon lake ... could have been stumbled upon by accident. But who knows?

Well, I posted a log on my Occoneechee Mtn. geocache just a few minutes ago confirming that it no longer exists. I think this is something from on high with the NC park service because I have noticed most of the caches that keep disappearing are in state parks.

My girlfriend's uncle is a park ranger at Crowder's Mountain state park near Charlotte. I am going to ask him if he knows anything about a ruling on geocaching by the NC park service. If I find out anything I will post.