American WWI Burial Cards

I know that this is not strictly Waymarking related but thought the following may be of interest to Waymarkers interested in WWI:

The Card Register of Deceased American Soldiers, 1918-1922 represents over 78,000 American soldiers who died overseas in World War I. Each card contains the name of the individual who died, the unit they were assigned to, the nature of their death and their burial location(s), up to and including their final resting place.

We invite you to help transcribe these cards so that an index can be created of the names recorded on the cards. This index will facilitate quick access to the digital card images for researchers, historians, genealogists and family members. Further transcription will allow dates, places and causes of death to be aggregated, initial burial locations to be mapped, soldiers from common companies or regiments to be grouped and possibly even soldiers reported as missing to be found.

Learn more, and get involved at https://www.zooniverse.org/projects/welldone/american-wwi-burial-cards.

1 hour ago, Master Mariner said:

I know that this is not strictly Waymarking related but thought the following may be of interest to Waymarkers interested in WWI:

The Card Register of Deceased American Soldiers, 1918-1922 represents over 78,000 American soldiers who died overseas in World War I. Each card contains the name of the individual who died, the unit they were assigned to, the nature of their death and their burial location(s), up to and including their final resting place.

We invite you to help transcribe these cards so that an index can be created of the names recorded on the cards. This index will facilitate quick access to the digital card images for researchers, historians, genealogists and family members. Further transcription will allow dates, places and causes of death to be aggregated, initial burial locations to be mapped, soldiers from common companies or regiments to be grouped and possibly even soldiers reported as missing to be found.

Learn more, and get involved at https://www.zooniverse.org/projects/welldone/american-wwi-burial-cards.

Thank you for posting that!