Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
T0SHEA

Busted photobucket links

I regret to inform you, if you copied Keith's flourishes with the link to photobucket they are all now broken. 

I just happen to search a category and found two waymarkers who copied the html code which included the photobucket link.

If you need help to remove these busted links, post your question here. 

Luckily, I barely know what PhotoBucket is and never used it, so I wouldn't have "borrowed" that particular info. I'm OK. And very glad I didn't have my photos saved on PhotoBucket.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

And if you DID, I'm here to tell you that you that there is a workaround, but you will have to contact me to do it.

One sec - I just had a thought which may simplify the situation/solution.

Back in a bit.

Keith

I'm back.

If you have this problem you can Right Click on the flourish and save the image. You'll get an image without the Photobucket watermark. Thereafter you can upload it to the gallery of the Waymark of your choice (one of yours, that is) then use its URL to replace your busted links.

I'm not about to name names, but I know of a few here who have used my flourishes. I certainly don't mind. You're welcome to them, as I stole/borrowed/lifted/appropriated them from other sites many years ago, some with permission, some more dubiously obtained.

Actually, you needn't worry about copyright infringement, etc. as pretty much all of my flourishes (probably all - what do I know, I'm old and decrepit with failing memory) came from free clipart sites.

Edited by ScroogieII
checking

On 5/11/2020 at 4:11 PM, vulture1957 said:

Luckily, I barely know what PhotoBucket is and never used it, so I wouldn't have "borrowed" that particular info. I'm OK. And very glad I didn't have my photos saved on PhotoBucket.

Kinda like not getting Coronavirus or being struck by a bullet just passing by, you lucked out on that one, too. :)

On 5/14/2020 at 9:08 PM, T0SHEA said:

This does not work with all photobucket links. I tried it several times, and get the message "image not available."

I have yet to have one not work as expected. Rereading what I wrote above, I appear to gave missed a step. I open the image, or the link, if appropriate, in another tab, then save the image from there. It has worked every time so far.

Keith

On 5/14/2020 at 9:20 PM, T0SHEA said:

Those of you that have copied Keith's photobucket links, do you really want advice from someone who created this mess?

Also, his copy and paste remedy, in some cases, is creating a new problem with busted <div>.

Busted <div>s should never occur, as photos are within the <div> and have no bearing on it. A <div> will only bust if something other than the photo was changed or deleted.

Keith