In Illinois

ChaosMikis

On 5/10/2020 at 4:30 PM, ChaosMikis said:

i am in search of interesting caches/locations in Illinois to go. I want to use this as a way to get out on the motorcycle and explore more of this state. 

Where in the state are you located?  Chicago has lots of caches of all types but I'm not sure a motorcycle would be of much use to you in the downtown/magnificent mile/loop area, much less the suburbs.  Traffic is always an issue.  Did you want to look at areas outside of Chicago where you can ride on a state highway for miles?  Do you want to head over to the Indiana Dunes and see some houses from the Chicago World's Fair?  Rural, urban, suburban?  I've mainly cached Chicago and Joliet (track event I attended with my oldest) so my knowledge is limited.  I DO know that there's a new-ish virtual in Casey that would let you ride in the farmlands.  I still need to make the trip over from Indiana to visit.

https://coord.info/GC7B8KF

On 5/17/2020 at 6:32 PM, coachstahly said:

Where in the state are you located?  Chicago has lots of caches of all types but I'm not sure a motorcycle would be of much use to you in the downtown/magnificent mile/loop area, much less the suburbs.  Traffic is always an issue.  Did you want to look at areas outside of Chicago where you can ride on a state highway for miles?  Do you want to head over to the Indiana Dunes and see some houses from the Chicago World's Fair?  Rural, urban, suburban?  I've mainly cached Chicago and Joliet (track event I attended with my oldest) so my knowledge is limited.  I DO know that there's a new-ish virtual in Casey that would let you ride in the farmlands.  I still need to make the trip over from Indiana to visit.

https://coord.info/GC7B8KF

I'm in the north west burbs but distance isn't an issue. but the dunes sounds like a great idea been out there once but i wasn't even thinking of caching. but i will definitely look into those 2.