putting your Geocoins in Geocoin Book

Justin Of Terrytown

I bought the Geocoin-Pathtag book and a few inlays from Space Coast Geo-Store.  

Before I start putting in the book, I am wondering if you could give any advice?  Do you activate the geocoins or not before putting them in the book? Most of the Geocoins I have came with a piece of paper with the activation code.  Should I keep that or just throw it away? 

Edited by Justin Of Terrytown
8 minutes ago, Justin Of Terrytown said:

Do you activate the geocoins or not before putting them in the book? Most of the Geocoins I have came with a piece of paper with the activation code.  Should I keep that or just throw it away? 

Usualy I Activate them... unless if have several of each (mainly with those that I designed).

With most of the trackables you can get the Activation Code on the homepage, so no need to keep those papers.

• Upvote 1

You creating this "book" for only your viewing, or do you plan on showing at events/geocoinfests  ?

Like RuideAlmeida,  the other 2/3rds activates hers, mostly so someone can't claim it as theirs without adoption.

- Easy to activate someone else's coin through the "lost code page"...

Spares are in a separate book, unactivated , for trade or sale, with the codes covered.

9 hours ago, qqnonrev said:

I currently have 5 of those books, and will probably get another.  Everything contained within is activated.  And they get brought out to events occasionally so they can be discovered.

Do you like them?  Are they sturdy?

13 hours ago, steben6 said:

Do you like them?  Are they sturdy?

I like these binders.  They don't get out often so they have held up over the years.  But you don't want to overload them with pages.  How many will depend on which pages you have (how many coins) and the thickness of said coins.