I found my first TB today

mac266

It was on my 53rd find that I finally came up with one!  I looked it up online and it wants to see baseball parks, and I happen to be a HUGE baseball fan.  So I grabbed it.  It wasn't listed in the cache's inventory, and according to the TB's log, hadn't been seen in four years.  I sent a message to the owner, letting them know I actually have it in hand, and will hang onto it for a bit until travel opens up and baseball games are held.  Then I'll drop it near a ball park on one of my travels.  

Interestingly enough, the last person to have the TB four years ago visited the same cache where I found it earlier today.   Hmmmmmm......  I sent him a message, too.  

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1
12 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

If he/she hasn't logged the TB in four years.....

He's the one who dropped it where I found it.  I went to the TB log to see when he found it, and his post said "My first TB!"  I have a feeling he's been holding it for the past four years without realizing what he was supposed to do with it.  He replied to my inquiry in a few minutes, claiming someone had just handed it to him.  I didn't call him out on the lie; he finally figured it out and dropped it in a cache.

15 hours ago, mac266 said:

It was on my 53rd find that I finally came up with one!  I looked it up online and it wants to see baseball parks, and I happen to be a HUGE baseball fan.

So I grabbed it.  It wasn't listed in the cache's inventory, and according to the TB's log, hadn't been seen in four years.  

I sent a message to the owner, letting them know I actually have it in hand, and will hang onto it for a bit until travel opens up and baseball games are held.  Then I'll drop it near a ball park on one of my travels.  

Cool. Nice to see a trackable come back to life.    :)   The TO hasn't been active since '16 though either.

We don't like to "hang on to" other's property too long ... seeing how (like the one before you...)  things happen, and now that trackable's lost in the car you just sold, or in the pocket of those doll clothes you sent to goodwill.