Did one. Uninstalled app.

fizzymagic

I did an Adventure Lab today to see what it was like.

The app is so terrible I uninstalled it immediately after.  I can't even begin to list everything that is wrong with the app.  The navigation inside the app is unintuitive; things like journal entries are hard to get to, etc.  And, to top it all off, the position kept locking up; the app could not seem to understand that I moved between when I started navigating to a stage and when i reached it.   I had to restart the app for every stage to get it to believe I was close enough to the target.

No, thanks.   It's sad to see Groundspeak repeatedly fail to execute, especially given their clear desire for products other than geocaching.  The concept is not terrible, but the execution was awful.

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 3

Fizzy,  still pretty new. I got awarded one and  the problems I had were my fault, mostly   my fat fingers.  They can fix up the interface problems. There was n update just a day or two ago.  The people who did mine so far had no problems.  One  in my area had   a  real cache (bonus) after doing all 5 adventures and had gotten a bunch of favorite points.

On 5/9/2020 at 8:30 PM, Wacka said:

Fizzy,  still pretty new. I got awarded one and  the problems I had were my fault, mostly   my fat fingers.  They can fix up the interface problems. There was n update just a day or two ago.  The people who did mine so far had no problems.  One  in my area had   a  real cache (bonus) after doing all 5 adventures and had gotten a bunch of favorite points.

I did yours and the other three in the area. None of them gave us any trouble to speak of, a couple station lagged a bit to bring up the question but other than that thy all worked well. I'm sure Groundspeak will tweak the app and work out the few bugs.

The release notes say they've just fixed the bug between stages where the location wouldn't update.

I agree the UI is terrible — it's hard to work out the path between different pages/parts of the app. And at the start the fact you have to click on the map to get going is completely hidden.

I got a new phone when my old one died.  I will probably give the app one more chance. 

But seriously, isn't the GPS and moving from location to location the entire point of the app?

Nonetheless, Groundspeak has enough goodwill built up in me I will try again.

On 5/10/2020 at 1:51 AM, fizzymagic said:

I had to restart the app for every stage to get it to believe I was close enough to the target

No need to restart the app. Just go one page back (from map to description), the call the map page again.

But you're right with your overall conclusion about this app.

I'm getting used to the app, but it really is pretty sad. The adventures themselves have been fine, and I'm enjoying them. But figuring out how to get the app to show me what I need to see is definitely very clumsy. I did 2 last week, and I started to develops some techniques that worked but weren't even slightly obvious from the interface. A few situations, I never did figure out how to get to where I needed to go within the app and the only way I could get where I wanted to go was exit the app and restart. And even that's clumsy, 'cuz every time I start the app, I have to find the adventure again. I would have thought the least it could do is ask me if I want to resume the adventure I'm standing at, but, no, every time I have to search the map yet again.

6 hours ago, dprovan said:

I never did figure out how to get to where I needed to go within the app

Have you ever tried using the blue  route button?

aR7_p6R5Ncgb6XUYvhl8ouRqIonZZLxxxheYlLGe

I let Locus Map route me to the lab cache stage because the AdLab app's maps are nuts.

Hans