News Article Locations

I have been going through old waymarks to see what I have missed - Courthouses are a really good location to get News Article Locations, although if I post one more Covid-19 article I am going to SCREAM, anyway,
for grins and giggles I went and and checked this old building in Emporia, Kansas, to see if any news articles had been written.  How does one get a news article written in 1882 about someone leaving water running upstairs and ruining a pool table downstairs?  Better still, the owner occasioned (tell me THAT isn't an old fashioned use of a word!) "no very great loss, but considerable annoyance."  Ah, the things you find Waymarking!

19 hours ago, iconions said:

for grins and giggles I went and and checked this old building in Emporia, Kansas, to see if any news articles had been written.  How does one get a news article written in 1882 about someone leaving water running upstairs and ruining a pool table downstairs?  Better still, the owner occasioned (tell me THAT isn't an old fashioned use of a word!) "no very great loss, but considerable annoyance."  Ah, the things you find Waymarking!

I expect they had a very slow news day.  Try this one:

https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/wm122EZ_In_the_Sands_of_Somervell_Don_Hills_Store_Glen_Rose_TX

There's an opportunity for a "Photo Goal:"  Show yourself being booked into the Glen Rose lockup because you grabbed someone's kid off the street so they could be tempted by toys and candy.  [whistling "In the Hall of the Mountain King"]

17 hours ago, QuarrellaDeVil said:

I expect they had a very slow news day.  Try this one:

https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/wm122EZ_In_the_Sands_of_Somervell_Don_Hills_Store_Glen_Rose_TX

There's an opportunity for a "Photo Goal:"  Show yourself being booked into the Glen Rose lockup because you grabbed someone's kid off the street so they could be tempted by toys and candy.  [whistling "In the Hall of the Mountain King"]

Well played!

I wonder how picky the Photos Then and Now officers are?  I had to find a picture from the archives of the Galena Library to find out which building was the old Drug Store.  We're going back up to the Galena, Illinois, area at the end of the month - I wonder if they are going to make me recreate the flood that was happening at the time of the old picture?

23 minutes ago, iconions said:

I wonder how picky the Photos Then and Now officers are?  I had to find a picture from the archives of the Galena Library to find out which building was the old Drug Store.  We're going back up to the Galena, Illinois, area at the end of the month - I wonder if they are going to make me recreate the flood that was happening at the time of the old picture?

The gentleman who has worked with me on my three has been nothing but fair, reasonable, and polite, and he was gracious about one that he declined on me recently where the responsibility fell on my shoulders, not from any kind of whim or subjective evaluation that is the norm for so many Officers-At-Large.  Given your attention to waymarks and your thoroughness, I don't expect any problems.  Hell, I have another one I need to finish.  I expect that the copy-paste-submit-go crowd would just go for it, but I'm a little particular and want to get that building at an angle as close as I can to the original photo.

• Upvote 2
27 minutes ago, QuarrellaDeVil said:

The gentleman who has worked with me on my three has been nothing but fair, reasonable, and polite, and he was gracious about one that he declined on me recently where the responsibility fell on my shoulders, not from any kind of whim or subjective evaluation that is the norm for so many Officers-At-Large.  Given your attention to waymarks and your thoroughness, I don't expect any problems.  Hell, I have another one I need to finish.  I expect that the copy-paste-submit-go crowd would just go for it, but I'm a little particular and want to get that building at an angle as close as I can to the original photo.

So, do I open a fire hydrant for authenticity or not?  LOL  
Seriously, this was under the American Guide Series and I really couldn't tell from the description in the book from the 30's which building it was - I seriously found a picture from 1909 that I had to use to prove which building.  I skipped another waymark, again, because I could prove which building.
Yea, I know where I need to go stand when I go back to Galena to get my picture - I just hope some of the shops are open so the spousal and offspring unit can shop while I waymark!