How Do I Get in Contact with my Geocache Reviewer

graceputz

Hello,

I am from a rural area in Iowa. My dad loves to geocache and we are trying to submit geocaches at each location of his businesses for local geocachers. We have submitted our caches and placed them but no reviewer has gotten back to us yet. One of them has been there for almost two weeks and we haven't heard anything. What should we be doing to get ahold of the reviewer to get our caches published? 

Thanks!

There are two geocaches pending review for your account.  Both were submitted for review today, May 8th - not two weeks ago.  Your reviewer has already responded with detailed reviewer notes about one of the two caches.  The other cache presents similar issues and I'm sure you will hear back soon about it. 

Does your father have a separate account name?  There are no other caches in Iowa pending review from any account. What are the GC Codes for the caches that were submitted two weeks ago?

• Helpful 1

Yes. The two on this account were published today. The one that was posted two weeks ago is not under this account. It is Manchester, IA near the address of 107 11th St. Suite 1. This under one of his employee's accounts - I am working on getting the code and/or username from her. It would have been under an account name for PTS or Sarah. I am not sure what is going on with that one if it is not pending...it is not on my geocache account/GPS if I search for it so does that mean it is disabled? 

1 minute ago, graceputz said:

Yes. The two on this account were published today. The one that was posted two weeks ago is not under this account. It is Manchester, IA near the address of 107 11th St. Suite 1. This under one of his employee's accounts - I am working on getting the code and/or username from her. It would have been under an account name for PTS or Sarah. I am not sure what is going on with that one if it is not pending...it is not on my geocache account/GPS if I search for it so does that mean it is disabled? 

I'm not seeing any caches found or placed under this name.   You created a new name for these forums ?   Thanks.  :)

20 minutes ago, graceputz said:

Yes. The two on this account were published today.

No caches for your account have been published.  I see you've responded to the questions left in a reviewer note by your local Community Volunteer Reviewer.  Give him a chance to review your reply, please.

The one that was posted two weeks ago is not under this account. It is Manchester, IA near the address of 107 11th St. Suite 1. This under one of his employee's accounts - I am working on getting the code and/or username from her.

There are no unpublished caches within a half mile of 107 South 11th Street in Manchester Iowa.  You will need to provide the GC Code or exact owner name.

It would have been under an account name for PTS or Sarah.

The "pts" account and the "Sarah" account are both zero finds, zero hides accounts with no pending cache submissions.  There is an account called "PTSDY" that has one cache page that has NOT ever been submitted for review.  That cache page, as noted by your reviewer, is at coordinates very close to one of your pending caches.  PTSDY has no other pending cache pages.

I am not sure what is going on with that one if it is not pending...it is not on my geocache account/GPS if I search for it so does that mean it is disabled? 

Only Community Volunteer Reviewers and site admins (which we call "Lackeys") can see unpublished caches.  They will not show up under your geocache account or on your GPS.  There is, however, a PUBLISHED cache from an account named PTS2020, and it's near 107 South 11th Street.  You should not be complaining about a cache that was published on April 24th, four days after it was submitted for review.  Tell the employee to fix the problem with the cache's bad coordinates and then re-enable the page.

There are no other cache pages associated with the PTS2020 account.  So, once again, what are the GC Codes for the caches that have allegedly been overlooked by the Community Volunteer Reviewer for two weeks?

Edited by Keystone
  • Upvote 1

Mr. Keystone Moderator,

I am perfectly fine with giving my reviewer a chance to reply. That is not what I am confused about. Patience with me would be kindly appreciated as I am just learning the process. My dad really enjoys this but he is not tech savvy enough to place one himself, I am trying to be helpful - for fellow geocachers and my dad. I understand the issues with the two geocaches on my account. There are 3 accounts associated with geocaches at our locations. Two under my account (graceputz), one under PTSDY and the third is under the account name PTS2020. As for PTSDY, I asked to have disabled because the password for this account was forgotten by the employee so I redid it on this account (graceputz). I am sure that can be dealt with between my reviewer and me. 

The part that I was confused about is the cache under PTS2020. I will have the employee re-update the coordinates, in-fact, I corrected the actual coordinates from the link you sent so she just has to confirm it and re-enable the account. It was not overlooked by the reviewer that was my mistake, it is just disabled and that is why it is not showing up when we look for it, but we are new to this and didn't understand that until now. I think we can figure the rest out with our reviewer from here, thank you. 

Your initial post implies that several geocaches have been neglected by your local reviewer.  I am trying to find out which ones they are.  I am not seeing multiple geocaches awaiting review for two weeks.  What are the GC Codes for these caches?

Disabled caches do show up on the website, but they are not displayed to basic members using the official Geocaching smartphone app.  You mentioned looking for the cache in Manchester on your "GPS" and your "account," which meant to me that you knew how to find geocaches on the website and download them to a GPS receiver.  Are you using a smartphone app? Your posts do not mention this.  That would explain why you could not see the disabled cache hidden under the PTS2020 account.

• Upvote 2