Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rudaagats

how do I find caches placed by CO with name starting with certain letter

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

how do I find caches placed by CO with name starting with certain letter. I know there is option to search by CO name but i need to find someone close by. doe not matter what the name is as long the CO name starts with X. Needed for a challange..

 

Thank you so much , Agata

Share this post


Link to post

Did you try the method you know for using a name, but only using the letter "X"?
 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rudaagats said:

Hi guys,

how do I find caches placed by CO with name starting with certain letter. I know there is option to search by CO name but i need to find someone close by. doe not matter what the name is as long the CO name starts with X. Needed for a challange..

 

Thank you so much , Agata

Does the challenge cache page have bookmarks by other people who have completed it? Those bookmark lists can be really helpful!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Does the challenge cache page have bookmarks by other people who have completed it? Those bookmark lists can be really helpful!

 

Or just look through the lists of other finders' qualifying caches.  That's what I always do.

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post

thanks cheking the lists of other people may work, entering just X does not give me right results

 

Share this post


Link to post

I use GSAK.  I can sort my files by cacher name.  It gives the real name of the CO, not a made up name.  I needed a name starting with 5.  Had to travel a fair distance for it, but I got it!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2020 at 5:34 PM, Harry Dolphin said:

I use GSAK.  I can sort my files by cacher name.  It gives the real name of the CO, not a made up name.  I needed a name starting with 5.  Had to travel a fair distance for it, but I got it!

 

I loaded caches into GSAK as you mention, and scrolled the list, and also looked at posted lists from previous challenge finders.  I had maybe 2 or 3 missing alphabet names in a local challenge I saw, not too bad.  What was bad was, Geocacher names had changed, caches had changed owners (adopted), caches had changed between a name and a "group", and previous names changed while I was finding names for the challenge.  I wrote the CO to find out which names to use, and if it's the original owner (for example), how I know which name to use when the owner changed his name, or how to find out the "original name".  Or how to make the list consistent, in which case I'd have to start over with a bunch of names to find.  Never got a reply, and I somehow never bothered to ask in person.  The challenge is arbitrary and frustrating and boring.  I eventually decided to find caches instead.  B)

 

Anyway, yeah.  Get a list and look at the names. 

 

 

Edited by kunarion

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

×
×
  • Create New...