how do I find caches placed by CO with name starting with certain letter

rudaagats

Hi guys,

how do I find caches placed by CO with name starting with certain letter. I know there is option to search by CO name but i need to find someone close by. doe not matter what the name is as long the CO name starts with X. Needed for a challange..

Thank you so much , Agata

1 hour ago, rudaagats said:

Hi guys,

how do I find caches placed by CO with name starting with certain letter. I know there is option to search by CO name but i need to find someone close by. doe not matter what the name is as long the CO name starts with X. Needed for a challange..

Thank you so much , Agata

Does the challenge cache page have bookmarks by other people who have completed it? Those bookmark lists can be really helpful!

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Does the challenge cache page have bookmarks by other people who have completed it? Those bookmark lists can be really helpful!

Or just look through the lists of other finders' qualifying caches.  That's what I always do.

• Helpful 1
On 5/3/2020 at 5:34 PM, Harry Dolphin said:

I use GSAK.  I can sort my files by cacher name.  It gives the real name of the CO, not a made up name.  I needed a name starting with 5.  Had to travel a fair distance for it, but I got it!

I loaded caches into GSAK as you mention, and scrolled the list, and also looked at posted lists from previous challenge finders.  I had maybe 2 or 3 missing alphabet names in a local challenge I saw, not too bad.  What was bad was, Geocacher names had changed, caches had changed owners (adopted), caches had changed between a name and a "group", and previous names changed while I was finding names for the challenge.  I wrote the CO to find out which names to use, and if it's the original owner (for example), how I know which name to use when the owner changed his name, or how to find out the "original name".  Or how to make the list consistent, in which case I'd have to start over with a bunch of names to find.  Never got a reply, and I somehow never bothered to ask in person.  The challenge is arbitrary and frustrating and boring.  I eventually decided to find caches instead.  B)

Anyway, yeah.  Get a list and look at the names. 

Edited by kunarion