coords

Ok, I previously posted a question about existing apps which make it possible to pinpoint coords, rather than using the compass. As I mentioned c:geo this question stayed unanswered. As I'm new on this forum, I didn't know that this was inappropriate. Sorry for that mistake.

But my original question remains: is there or is there not an existing app (ofc geo-caching appropriate) with which the above is possible?

12 minutes ago, Noedel80 said:

But my original question remains: is there or is there not an existing app (ofc geo-caching appropriate) with which the above is possible?

You can save any coords with the official app, creating Waypoints while navigating to any existing cache you can select over the map.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
1 minute ago, RuideAlmeida said:

You can save any coords with the official app, creating Waypoints while navigating to any existing cache you can select over the map.

Also, if you edit the coordinates of a puzzle when you solve it, then Groundspeak's app will show the solved coordinates when you use the map to navigate to it.

20 minutes ago, Noedel80 said:

I think I found the way to find the needed coords.

Ah... I did not understand that you wanted to obtain accurate coordinates. I thought you wanted to view the solved coordinates on the map. That's a different question.

Once you've obtained your coordinates, be sure to test them.

Enter your coordinates into your device, and then approach the cache location from at least 100ft/30m away. The arrow should point right at the cache location as you approach. Repeat the process, approaching the cache location from various directions, from at least 100ft/30m away each time. No matter which direction you approach from, the arrow should point right at the cache location.

If it doesn't, then adjust your coordinates until it does.

Bonus points for repeating the test on another day when the GPS satellites are in a different configuration.

Also, the Help Center article How to Get Accurate Coordinates should prove useful.