how do i be a reviewer

xumatt

Canada is well-served by a team of 17 excellent Community Volunteer Reviewers, plus a GeoAware for Earthcaches.  One of the Reviewers is on "roving duty" to fill in when someone is on vacation, extra-busy, etc.

If anyone on the team feels overworked, or wants to retire, then there is a process for selecting a new Reviewer.  You can read more about that in this Help Center Article.  Follow the tips at the end of that article to better your odds of being chosen if a need arises in the future.

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1
2 hours ago, xumatt said:

i have been trying to become reviewer but cant

If it's your only account why you want to be a reviewer 5 weeks after you began? You need deep knowledge of the game and like wacka said current reviewers choose the next one.

1 hour ago, Keystone said:

Canada is well-served by a team of 17 excellent Community Volunteer Reviewers, plus a GeoAware for Earthcaches.  One of the Reviewers is on "roving duty" to fill in when someone is on vacation, extra-busy, etc.

If anyone on the team feels overworked, or wants to retire, then there is a process for selecting a new Reviewer.  You can read more about that in this Help Center Article.  Follow the tips at the end of that article to better your odds of being chosen if a need arises in the future.

I hope next time they will select a Reviewer for Nova Scotia they will choose someone local. I don't really have issues with the current one but it's not ideal being thousands of kms away.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
6 minutes ago, xumatt said:

i have looked at forums at geocaching.com

Yeah, it's going to take a lot more than that.

Look at the Help Center article that Keystone linked to. The things they're looking for are not found in people who have been geocaching for only a couple weeks.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, niraD said:

Yeah, it's going to take a lot more than that.

Look at the Help Center article that Keystone linked to. The things they're looking for are not found in people who have been geocaching for only a couple weeks.

thanks

Just now, RuideAlmeida said:

Do you understand that reviewers won't go to the places where the caches are, right?! 

yes, I understand that the pre publication review process does not include a site visit by the cache publisher.. 

Are platinum members still allowed to review and publish their own caches? At the annual dinner I had heard that was being discontinued.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:16 AM, ras_oscar said:

yes, I understand that the pre publication review process does not include a site visit by the cache publisher.. 

Are platinum members still allowed to review and publish their own caches? At the annual dinner I had heard that was being discontinued.

Anyone still mentioning the non-existent fabled platinum membership at this point just might have serious issues. But perhaps not as many issues as I have with actual reviewers publishing their own caches. Who reviews the reviewers...