Linking threads

TmdAndGG

So how do you do it? I can only figure out how to make it look boring like this. I've seen it done before. Like... This (the thing is, I copied this one from another post). 

By the way, there really should be a section in the forums about discussing the forums;).

Thanks!

56 minutes ago, TmdAndGG said:

That's for discussing the main geocaching website.

Yes, but there have been multiple suggestions related to the forum as well.

But note that Groundspeak's ability to modify the forum is limited. They're using third-party software and it only has so many ways they can customize it, especially after the work they've done to integrate login credentials between the main site and the forums.

2 hours ago, niraD said:

Yes, but there have been multiple suggestions related to the forum as well.

But note that Groundspeak's ability to modify the forum is limited. They're using third-party software and it only has so many ways they can customize it, especially after the work they've done to integrate login credentials between the main site and the forums.

I know, I know... I wasn't really ever expecting it to happen anyways.

OK, off topic, but question #2: how do you get something like this | to just say "quote" (not "ON 5/1/2020 at 3:27 PM TmdAndGG said:")? I wasn't going to start a whole new thread so I could get 1 post on it:D.                                                                                    |

\/

On 5/1/2020 at 3:27 PM, TmdAndGG said:

I know, I know... I wasn't really ever expecting it to happen anyways.

Hard to type this without having it happen, but ... leave out the spaces that I include next to the word quote and /quote by each of the brackets ...

Take the existing text and place the quote functions around it so that [ quote ]This text would be quoted if you wanted to do it [ /quote ] just like that.

Which winds up looking like this ...

This text would be quoted if you wanted to do it

just like that.

Edited by ecanderson
  • Helpful 3