Alternate Dog Tag Designs

pixelteer425

So I recently found my second travel bug with a dog tag, and I realized that the first one I found has a different design. After looking on the Geocaching store, I found out the first one was the odd one out. I was wondering if this was simply a copy tag made by the owner, or if tags with this layout of info is available for purchase somewhere cause I’ve grown rather fond of this one over the default

B13B0AD9-A27C-4792-88AE-989CFD767B19.jpeg

ECA5054E-DBA8-4F67-BB43-5A091056EA97.jpeg

Edited by pixelteer425
7 hours ago, pixelteer425 said:

So I recently found my second travel bug with a dog tag, and I realized that the first one I found has a different design.

After looking on the Geocaching store, I found out the first one was the odd one out.

I was wondering if this was simply a copy tag made by the owner, or if tags with this layout of info is available for purchase somewhere cause I’ve grown rather fond of this one over the default

This is where I feel calling all Trackables "Travel Bug" messes people up.

4/10  you Discovered a Travel Tag  (appears to be virtually) , which is simply another trackable type .    :)

Also on 4/10, you Retrieved the Tiger Travel Bug, and still visiting it to caches.

On 4/24, you Retrieved another Travel Bug as well (dog), and still visiting it as well.

Some helpful Trackable info might be found in the Help Center .

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough in my first post. The photos are two sides of the same tag. This is the first one I physically found, the same day as discovering one virtually.

I’m wondering about the design of the tag itself. I understand the difference between a trackable and a hitchhiker, so I’m not concerned with the tiger.

The tag I posted has the code on the front, where it normally says “trackable at Geocaching.com” and the backside has the design vertically instead of horizontally

Edited by pixelteer425
20 minutes ago, pixelteer425 said:

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough in my first post.

The photos are two sides of the same tag. This is the first one I physically found, the same day as discovering one virtually.

I’m wondering about the design of the tag itself. I understand the difference between a trackable and a hitchhiker, so I’m not concerned with the tiger.

The tag I posted has the code on the front, where it normally says “trackable at Geocaching.com” and the backside has the design vertically instead of horizontally

True.    :)

Simply another variation of a standard Travel Bug.  We have some old ones that are "just a bit" different than seen today.

• Upvote 1